Ability to Place Things In the WC upon creation

I’ve noticed that some people just want to complain about their trash luck or something, but they actually understand that their post is whining and just can’t find a better place to put it. Giving people the ability to place their own topic in the Whine Cellar would be beneficial because it would allow people to vent out frustration.

Good idea! But who want to check the Whine Cellar?

No one has to really. It’ll pop up in unread or latest.

you honestly expect people to create posts in the forum garbage bin?

I would use this feature.

Although most people who make garbage don’t think they’re making garbage, so then the only posts that would purposely be put in the WC by the OP would be people who want to shit-post.

Regs and Mods can already do this.

This raises the question of why they’re bothering to post at all.

One thing that annoys me about the subreddit is that people post crap, people know they’re posting crap, people post crap just for the sake of posting crap, and the subreddit culture seems to be perfectly fine with people intentionally posting crap just for the sake of posting crap.

Having said that, the forums are not the subreddit. Even the WC is not the subreddit.

My blog was first posted in the original whine cellar.

Why not?

I mainly made this so people could just let out their pent up anger from something ingame or something. Why make the regs do all the work of moving the post to the WC when you can move it yourself?

if people want to rage and unleash their pent-up anger and bitterness, they’re going to do it somewhere people can see. this does nothing to help the problem.

I guess there’s no reason not to do this, but it really wouldn’t do anything.

tbf unread and new posts are still featured on realmeye.com

dude are u high
I love the WC
you get to see all the salty people

I understand deeply where you’re coming from, but I thought that the WC was used for people who want to vent and complain. I’m fine if people want to vent, just don’t let a bunch of people post garbage

@OtherBill I don’t know, I think the people are thinking of the Whine Cellar to find relatable stuff to vent about (admit it, this game has its disgusting aspects) but as far as I can tell it’s really a garbage bin for poorly constructed posts

Maybe a venting category could be added? Or someone could just start a thread?

Forums are not ment to vent. If need be if it not pure toxicity go in the off topic section. There are many better places and people to vent/rant to then to a gaming community forum.

I don’t agree with a venting category either, I was simply advocating some people’s request to have a public venting section. Off-topic definitely sounds like a better idea (as you can see, I said so:) [quote=“Valkenrath, post:15, topic:6895”]
Or someone could just start a thread?
[/quote]

5 trust levels

0 and unregistered/not-logged-in users cannot see the WC
1 can see the WC, but not reply or create posts
2 can see and reply
3+ can see, reply, and create

We may revise downward, so see & reply happen on the same trust level, so that people who have their threads moved can still reply, but i’m on the fence about giving rights to create threads directly in the WC. Today’s WC isn’t quite the same as the WC of old, and /r/rotmg seems fine with this type of content as being used by authors to reach a wider audience. I guess in short it feels to me that pressure-relief valve that is the WC isn’t quite as necessary these days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.