About the 8/8 public deaths on the main page

Heya!

Just a little idea, I don’t know if it would be possible, but what if on the latest public 8/8 deaths, we could access a wiki page of their death? For example, someone on the front page died to the avatar of the forgotten king. A newbie might want to see what is that legendary creature that have killed such a powerful hero, and so he might have access to the wiki page by selecting it.

TL:DR : grand access to specific wiki pages through the main page like this :

Bump this thing
The Forum Achievements Thread

I like the idea! Sometimes I have no clue what the minion is that a guy got killed by… :joy:

O.O wow Akanono
Death by Sea Mare poor 8/8 Pally

You can just go to the Wiki part of Realmeye and copy-paste the name of the enemy in the Wiki’s search bar.

It is all about life being easier

Some deaths are harder to understand than others. For example, people dying from “hot lava” and other from “lava”. I see many people not understanding anything about that, that would be easier with links.

You’d need to change the way Realmeye works in general, so that every enemy name gets turned into a link to the right Wiki page. I don’t see how that’s easier when Realmeye doesn’t use an actual Wiki template and some mobs in RotMG will have the same name on your Realmeye Graveyard but won’t actually be the same enemy (Puppet Master can refer to either the regular Puppet’s boss or the Encore’s boss, the Ice Tomb bosses appear as their regular Tomb names on your Graveyard as well).

Again: all they have to do is look it up on the wiki.

Not anymore actually, as their names has changed.

Not actually, my idea only applies to the front page.

This isn’t exactly Forum Feedback, but more like RealmEye feedback in general.

As such, you might get a better response here by pm’ing @mreyeball directly.

How would you get a better response, he is a bot…
Or is it a joke.

he is control by a real person…
look at his activity:
https://www.realmeye.com/forum/users/mreyeball/activity

mods dont joke about these kind of things

I never joke about MrEyeball. There is indeed a man behind the machine.

I was able to reliably turn almost every enemy name on the 8/8 Recent Deaths into a link to the appropriate wiki page, using Realmeyes current state.

1. Replace spaces with hyphens (Crawling Red Spotted Spider becomes Crawling-Red-Spotted-Spider)
  2. Append the modified name to the link www.realmeye.com/wiki/ to create something like www.realmeye.com/wiki/Crawling-Red-Spotted-Spider (a valid like to the crawling depths minion)
  3. Put that inside of a html link like this
    <a href="www.realmeye.com/wiki/Crawling-Red-Spotted-Spider">Crawling Red Spotted Spider</a>

Creating this link in 3 steps: Crawling Red Spotted Spider
Edit: so you cant put html in posts i guess, so the link above is markdown

Of course there will be some exceptions, your Puppet Master example being one, or the Royal Guardians being one I found, however it would be easy to add some further steps to make it work more flawlessly.

lol akanono is my guild leader. the main death i remember about him is when he got steamrolled by bes

… which is generated by pulling parts of the Recent Deaths page, which is based on everyone’s Graveyards.

Then I can’t think of any other objection right now. I guess the main reason the Realmeye admins haven’t already done it is because they didn’t have the wiki on their site originally and didn’t want to bother changing the Graveyard after getting it (again: they probably thought people could just look it up themselves).

Oh…

this reminds me of the time when I saw that someone died from a beach spectre in chat and I had no idea what that was, giving me the impression of some sort of extremely rare enemy like the beach bum (lol). Eventually I found out that it’s a ghost ship minion.

That happens to me everytime I see a strange name I don’t know, like the royal guardians in the shatters, called shtrs royal guard J/L. I thought it was a bug, and was like “Oh the hell was that? Did I witness something very rare? Wow”

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.