Account transfer issues

So I’ve been using the steam version for a while, a couple years. And over time I’ve noticed some areas
COUGHOCEANTRENCHCOUGH have awful, terrible input lag from the amount of players. The times I’ve almost died at innumerable. So I decided, I’ll use the in-game account switch button. …nope. Doesn’t work. How about I try This thread? nope! Still doesn’t work! Ok, I’ll ask deca support. Oh I see. I see I need to answer my obscure security questions that I last filled in about 3 years ago, and have forgotten the answers to. Ah interesting. Thats fine I’ll fill them in and…
Oh, I only got one right? That sucks. Can I use alternative evidence like a video of my logging in as shitacow on steam? No? Only these security questions that I can barely remember can truly confirm to deca tech support I am the owner of Shitacow? Is there anything else I can do? I’ve spent at least 300$ on this game over the years

tl;dr trying to switch to flash to stop lag, in-game transfer don’t work, community answers don’t work, Tech support not much help. If anyone has any other ways I can play the game without risking my demise via terrible connectivity that’d be great.

Lol

Also moved to Whine Cellar

How is this whine cellar worthy? Sure I was a tad whiny in the OP but I’m still trying to get help switching my account.

He’s obviously asking for help.

Moved to Q&A

Edit:

Igotchu

Thank you!

Welp, sucks for you. You can’t migrate without knowing your security questions; you would know them if you answered them honestly. The security questions are basically your confirmation that you aren’t some random hacker trying to obtain your account; DECA won’t migrate until you figure out what your answers were.

Well I did answer honestly. But I’ve flown on a lot of planes. And the first time I flew on a plane was long ago. Honestly the fact these 3 set questions are they only key to ones own account is kinda bad.

That’s unfortunate. Good luck getting your account back.

I agree that the security questions are really bad.
But the security questions are a relatively new thing, and I remember hearing that Kabam confirmed ownership by last gold purchase or something along those lines.
I assume you tried asking support if there is any way of confirming your ownership of the account apart from the security questions, but if you haven’t then you might want to try that.

Am I able to migrate out of the kongregate website, or still no?

Even though they said you can’t (I think they said this…), I believe if you send a ticket in they do the migration for you.

Hmz. I’m going to go try it out later on!

wut… they were added to the game only a few months ago, perhaps next time use proper answers and just be careful to not let people social engineer you.

Do you actually see the whining? [quote=“Shitacow, post:1, topic:7865, full:true”]
So I’ve been using the steam version for a while, a couple years. And over time I’ve noticed some areas
COUGHOCEANTRENCHCOUGH have awful, terrible input lag from the amount of players. The times I’ve almost died at innumerable. So I decided, I’ll use the in-game account switch button. …nope. Doesn’t work. How about I try This thread? nope! Still doesn’t work! Ok, I’ll ask deca support. Oh I see. I see I need to answer my obscure security questions that I last filled in about 3 years ago, and have forgotten the answers to. Ah interesting. Thats fine I’ll fill them in and…
Oh, I only got one right? That sucks. Can I use alternative evidence like a video of my logging in as shitacow on steam? No? Only these security questions that I can barely remember can truly confirm to deca tech support I am the owner of Shitacow? Is there anything else I can do? I’ve spent at least 300$ on this game over the years

tl;dr trying to switch to flash to stop lag, in-game transfer don’t work, community answers don’t work, Tech support not much help. If anyone has any other ways I can play the game without risking my demise via terrible connectivity that’d be great.
[/quote]

Put this in the search bar

“Quick note about the Whine Cellar”

Yes.
But I also see someone asking for help.

I have asked but alas they merely say “Unfortunately its only the security questions” which are although just a few months old as the people in this thread have pointed out are still specific questions I don’t remember. Do you actually remember the exact cartoon you liked most as a kid? I sure don’t.

If I answered those questions honestly my answers would be “Don’t remember”, “Don’t have one” and “Don’t remember”, so I just put in some random shite I knew I would remember instead.

I answered them pretty honestly with what I thought they were at the time. Apparently me three months ago disagreed that my favorite cartoon was ren and stimpy. And I never even liked sports so god knows what I put there.

It still really disappoints me because they also asked for my previous purchases before throwing me these questions.

Was seeing my ROTMG related purchases and receipts not enough to signify that I am the owner of my own account?

considering you answered it as an adolescent/adult only a few moths ago uhhh yeah you would have thought of it been like this was my favourite child hood cartoon. most people would remember that forever… how is that forgettable without dementia?

Tell them you have dementia.[quote=“Shitacow, post:19, topic:7865”]
And I never even liked sports so god knows what I put there.
[/quote]

None?