Adding invulnerable, and Instantly dying from ''Jon Bilgewater the Pirate King''

Um you realize that due to lag, you do get a split second of invul when you tp or enter in a portal.

Iā€™m sorry for your loss but take this as gaining experience, learn from it! DO NOT enter the dead waters boss if itā€™s been 10 seconds or more since the first person entered or this will be a risk you will have to take.

Do it the healthy way, use all your deaths as learning experiences, donā€™t complain about them.

@trofimowen has tons of experience with this, on his 40k warrior he would always drag the boss onto the portal to try and murder people. He killed many people this way but donā€™t worry karma got him and that is how his 40k warrior died!

Wowā€¦ itā€™s been 2 years

Edit: 3 years

You deserved this death. You signed ToS and agreed no character is re viable. You also accepted the risk of playing on a good character, oh well itā€™s time for you to rebuild

Of course he deserved the death but it was bad luck that caused it. Also nobody signs the ToS lol they just ā€œagreeā€ to it when they make their account.

Agree = signing. There is no need to add invulnerability to something so small that has killed 0.1 percent of players. Besides, itā€™s how Realm goes, deaths must happen fair or not. No revives(unless Swatsec)

No invuln is needed but that still is an unfair way to die. I agree with shatter [quote=ā€œShatter, post:42, topic:5669ā€]
DO NOT enter the dead waters boss if itā€™s been 10 seconds or more since the first person entered
[/quote]

Also [quote=ā€œZlushy, post:45, topic:5669ā€]
No revives
[/quote]

is totally not true I know plenty of people who have gotten revives lol. However almost always video evidence is needed and it has to be server / game sided not a user problem.

Wow, Iā€™m keeping this in mind and holding this agianst Decaā€™s strict policy of"absolutely no revieves" thanks :smiley:[quote=ā€œMrLoaf, post:46, topic:5669ā€]
No invuln is needed but that still is an unfair way to die
[/quote]

I disagree, itā€™s fair as you should know that this dungeon has a tendency of instakills.

Of course it has a tendency for insta kills but unfortunately if you exit a portal a die without any chance at all to save yourself or hit the nexus key that is slightly unfair. Again the person should have counted how long it had been and it is still their fault, however probably one of the most unfair ways to die in realm.

youā€™re welcome?

Realm is not far off.

Yep. This is exactly why I donā€™t run this dungeon. If iā€™m not first in the room itā€™s too risky. Bad design, imho.

What? So many people are saying it was his fault or he deserved it. How is it his fault? There isnā€™t a warning before the fight saying ā€œthe boss could possibly be on top of the entrance.ā€ He knows NOW that it can happen but how on earth could this be his fault if the only way you could possibly know this is by experiencing it.

I understand that this is frustrating. Even I have lost an 8/8 bracered archer when I tped to a lucky djinn while an ogmured knight who was killing it. Similarly, lost a 6/8 wizard in crawling depths when some rusher called tp to call people for the boss room, and the second I clicked tp I died. Both of the deaths mentioned are insta, no reaction time at all.

Now, if you are asking about adding invulnerability, when you enter a dungeon, it is already there. Consider the scenario you just gave. Now while you are connecting to the boss room, there are times when your character is already loaded into the boss room and but you canā€™t see it because you havenā€™t connected yet. So, during this time the John Bilgewater Pirate King will naturally sit on you (because others will always try to run away unless its not stunned and paralyzed) but you wont die because you havenā€™t connected and hence you are invulnerable. But when you get connected successfully to the boss room, there are still some milliseconds that will keep you invulnerable. If you pass that, naturally you will start taking damage and die eventually if you wont dodge.

So, in your case, you did not have time to dodge that means you lagged behind and hence you took damage and died just because you missed those milliseconds of invulnerability because of your small internet lag. Even my deaths that I mentioned above was, kind of, the same reason.

I might be wrong because Iā€™m not exactly a techie guy but this is what I think might have been the case with you and me according my experience with this game and there is nothing much Deca can do about it.

The dungeon is horrible imo

I agree with the comments about the dungeon design being subpar. The invis wall idea isnā€™t bad. Another idea could be just to move the portal further away, maybe have a path to Jon. Something like Ice cave?

It is not his fault, if it happens again, it is his fault.

Edit: just relized thatā€™s exactly what you said mb

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to say. So many people have this mentality that the game was made perfectly and any death could have been prevented by you with common sense.

@Trofimowen

explainerino

show me one quote, just one quote thatā€™s about reviving his character. just one quote is all iā€™m askingā€¦

I hate you so much rn because now iā€™m going to go look

good luck then! because when i read this thread, i didnt see a single post asking for a revival of his character(this is an argument supposed to go towards Zlushy).