Am I bad, or am I doing something wrong?

As my profile may reveal, I’ve owned this account for 2 years. I’ve played off and on from then until now (probably about 300-400 hours of playtime). I’ve definitely improved in that time but not as much as I’d hoped to. I’ve died time and time again to things people playing for 2-3 months would easily avoid. I’ve never maxed a single stat on any character I’ve played. I’ve only ever gotten 1 white bag and the most fame I’ve achieved was 388. I need some sort of advice or suggestion that’ll help me improve.

first things first- what causes you to die? For new/inexperienced players, learning from death can be a little hard since its so easy to rebuild. Are you getting rekt by godwalls? Then try not to form walls and kill only one-by-one. Are you randomly rushing into events and dying from that? Then avoid events entirely until you are ready for it.

If you die because you have trouble running dungeons, then take those losses as practice for good. I know a common difficulty in sprite worlds are that the boss in his first phase is so hard to survive for the inexperienced. You can bring a wizard or any robe class and find a place where you can attack limon without him noticing you (sniping from far away). Dying in snake pits? Then maybe it’s best to get in deep only in phases you know are safe, and simply stay away when your hated ones pass.

The answer whether ur bad or doing something wrong is usually by how you die.

play paden

Normally, my deaths are from godwalls since I’ll think I’m safe and not nexus, but on rare occasions I will sometimes die in a dungeon. Mainly because I assume I’m properly geared for one.

Check out bluenoser’s guide, can be found in his realmeye

Legitimate question. How old are you? Normally if you are young you tend to be a lot more shit. You get better as you age.

This is really true, I used to play this Mario party game when I was 8-9 yrs old for so long I got a the best stuff and my dad played with me and he beat me in every minigame
But he had never played.

Either

1. You’re not learning from your mistakes
  2. You are risking enemies you should not be fighting at your level

Unless you are playing on a laggy platform, in which case, go switch to Flash or something.

My play improved massively from reading the wiki - it gives great tips on how to defeat the various monsters, survive the dungeons, etc.

Do remember not to over-reach :wink:

Play like a scaredy cat :3
It may not be as fun as going deep and taking risks, but its worth it in the long run. Be afraid of every bullet.
Be very afraid :scream_cat:
I never got anywhere in this game until I started playing like an absolute coward tbh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I still do.

Dont let anyone judge you for backing off from a battle and playing it safe. It takes more skill to know your own limits, and resist the temptation to play hard, than it does to take big risks just for the sake of a few seconds of entertainment.

Gl in the future :slight_smile:

ok then idk. just play more; there is a huuuuuugggeee learning curve on realm. Just make a wizzy and farm dex worlds and labs, you’ll get better

That’s what I have been doing, and I’ve gotten decently far on some of my characters and even my second planewalker earlier.

Try to use a priest, he was my first 6/8

I’ll definitely try once my wizard dies.

Don’t really like giving this advice because it encourages the spending of money. But try to have at least 2 character slots. A wizard on one, and a melee on the other. Farm Dex or glands on the wizard and sell the pots to max def on the melee. After that use the melee to farm up things for itself like speed and Dex. And when you are maxed in those start maxing the wizard.

Or just wait until the end of the month, because they MUST add a charater slot

I just got back into the game and finally died after a week, played priest got 3/8. died in wine celler not knowing wtf was going on. i dont have two character slots yet but i think it will help. i wouldnt be afraid of spending a little money if you enjoy the game to the point youve been playing for years. you should support the f2p games you like to play. playing priest was really good though for the extra heals. i feel like i could be invincible one day with a maxed priest and good pet. definately be a coward. really good advice. be scared of everything

Give up before it’s too late

Not everyone can log in enough times for a slot… and how about going forward. I doubt deca will release a slot every months.