Ancient Rock Drape [Rogue Cloak Idea]

Ancient Rock Drape

(I do NOT have an artistic sense.)
(image credits to Curlip)

A tough yet freely bending magical cloth encrusted with the strongest rocks and minerals.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 110
  • Duration: 4.5 seconds
  • Cooldown: 5.5 seconds
  • Effect: +6 DEF up for 4.5 seconds, invisible for 4.5 seconds [Free to change def boost]
  • Stat Bonus: +2 defense, -3 speed, -3 dexterity [Free to change]
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 650

####Drops From:
Titanum (1/666 chance maybe)
Titanums located in 1st Boss Fight (1/137 chance)
####More info
Ideally, I had always thought about rogue having the cloak as a safety for its squishiness and low range. I decided to have a twist on the cloak and sacrifice a little of its duration and its agility for a different safety of defense boosts. This cloak would be optimal for those who aren’t fans of dodging bullet hells.

thats actually different, b/c if you get quieted, you can still use the cloak after 1sec after being quited (if you drink mp pot). Where as 5.5 secs, you must wait the time of 5.5secs after the use, and quiet does not effect it

thats op, thats a +10 boost in total! maybe a lower value, or just taking away the invisability and making it just a stat boost when you use it.

Keep in mind I’ve cut the cloak duration and subtracted a huge amount of dex and spd compared to the original T6 cloak, plus the MP cost balances the thing a lot. I can re-scale the def and change the uncloak thing.

Here’s ur rock cloak.

I love and hate you at the same time for referencing Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. :wink:

Then It wouldn’t really be much of a cloak, now would it?

The tint wouldn’t be very noticeable if the player is translucent when cloaked, so no.
And The Rock Dragon part seems fine, given that he drops just one situational UT, this on the other hand can be used in combat, would choose a t6/plane when rushing tho.

a cloak doesnt neccarily have to stick with the invisibility. also, i thought of that on the spot.

A cloak can be thought of as an armor, so extra def, wouldnt seem far fetched.

But the invisibility is the point of the rogue as a rusher class, without it it would completely change the view on the rogue.
And i never said there was anything wrong with extra def, i was only referring to the ‘remove invisibility’ part.
He could reduce it tho.

hmm, that could create a whole discussion. Yeah, i guess…

In that case, I changed to +2, +3 extra when used instead of +5, +5. Seems good to you?

You actually don’t need this, there is already an effect which boosts your defense, the defense boost effect

It’s the same as the pally buff effect, but black and says ‘Def^’ instead.

So… A net 5 Defense boost when it’s equipped and being used? A bit underwhelming, I think. Is 5 really going to help you out in that many situations? And at the cost of 3 Speed and Dexterity?

Tell me how that’s OP. You’re going to be invisible anyway…

I know about this effect. And that’s the effect I had in mind. The orange tint was something aside from that, but that has been taken down.

so you think an extra boost of +10 def is not OP? The t6 has a +2vit and + 2 wis.

Lets do some math:
25 def (from maxing) + 17 def (hydra) + 4 Def (pyra) + 10 Def (this)
= 56 Def

Lets compare that to Paladin:
30 Def + 24Def + 4 Def
= 58 Def

That basically gives you the defense of a paladin!!! there are many situations when def is useful when cloaked, eg. it could be used with other people, getting hit is far less dangerous.

Also the OP changed the stats

Now that I think about it a little, since most things can’t target you when your invisible, the only viable reason for this cloak to be unique is to soak up a bullet burst if you have to and escape. The defense scaling is prototypical right now, so you’ll need to let things happen and see where the community takes it. I do agree with both of you. That’s why I set the boosts to +2 stat boost +6 ability boost.

The defense stats are scaled as such then, and partially now because of the fact that it’s the redeeming property for its MP cost and negative stats as well as smaller cloak duration (T3 cloak). Keep that in mind.

Alright, now I’m about as tanky as a Paladin without heals, I’m invisible, and I’m also giving up 3 Speed and Dexterity. Wow. I still don’t see how that makes much of a difference.

I’m just trying to think of some specific instances when this would be that broken. And I can’t. Give me a specific example.

I probably shouldn’t do this, but I sort of compare it to the Jugg and the Prot. They are meant to make you tanky and just a lot safer in battle. Now I’m not saying that this cloak needs to Armor you, but it still sort of pales in comparison, especially with just a 5 Defense boost.

Now @GAMESONLY , all this being said, maybe you could make the Dexterity and Speed sacrifices a little higher if you do take the +10 Defense route. But if you take the +5 route, you don’t need to make it sacrifice anything.

So… if I take the +8 route, the current stats are fine?

i have to admit, i didnt not notice that very much, but that pales in comparison the previously +10def. [quote=“CptShevu, post:18, topic:3906”]
Now @GAMESONLY , all this being said, maybe you could make the Dexterity and Speed sacrifices a little higher if you do take the +10 Defense route
[/quote]

the thing with this is, how do you know when to stop? what if i did +50def and - 30 dex and - 30atk?
The point is that its basically transforming the item. [quote=“CptShevu, post:18, topic:3906”]
I’m just trying to think of some specific instances when this would be that broken
[/quote]

so does dagger classes wearing melee armor don’t sound broken? [quote=“CptShevu, post:18, topic:3906”]
, especially with just a 5 Defense boost.
[/quote]

10Def*. [quote=“CptShevu, post:18, topic:3906”]
but I sort of compare it to the Jugg and the Prot.
[/quote]

true, but also known as some of the strongest uts.

also, it doesnt really matter b/c the OP changed it, and anything i post is not meant to be taken to seriously, i just think what comes to mind, not like its saying the law.