Anime Discussion Thread

I never used this thread myself, but I’m sure others loved it.

So here it is, back again!

Just, talk about anime related stuff, pretty much it!

Anime Thread
[Forum Game] Rate the characteristics of people on Realmeye
Post a Picture of Yourself Thread
Favorite anime
Anime Thread
The Farewell Thread

I had a friend recomend SOA…I also heard a lot of bad things about it, e.g. the tentacle rape scene. Opinions?

Watching SAO is worth it just because you can watch the abridged series afterwards. But yeah SAO itself is pretty bad. First half of the first season is decent but it just goes downhill from there

Does this forum look like /a/?

Currently watching

91 Days

• Love this anime, the setting is slightly different to a normal anime, albeit a bit confusing with Japanese, Italian and American mixed up like that. The main character Angelo is fantastically devious and is one of my favourite anime characters of recent shows.

Mob Psycho 100

• By the creator of One Punch Man - Mob Psycho 100 deals with slightly different topics than the One Punch Man. It’s quite possibly even funnier than the former as well. The unique art style is refreshing from some of the more standard styles.

Shokugeki no Soma - The Second Plate

• Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking anime.

It’s better.

I agree. SAO is the only anime I’ve watched completely. The first half was okay but then it got really weird with the sister stuff. It kind of turned me off from anime in general. Maybe I’ll watch something else one day.

(Btw, has xxxsaoxxx made a RealmEye Forums account yet?)

Glad to see someone else watching mob psycho 100

You reading it as well?

Can You actually judge the only anime You’ve watched completely?

Not that I disagree, since the first half of first season was the best SAO had to offer (and maybe bits here and there further down the road, but it required a lot of deep thinking/overthinking and had little to do with the actual anime).

any decent show recommendations for the returning viewer? Haven’t watched any anime in a long time. preferably shows with plot and character development and all that jazz, not just cute grills doing cute shit

91 Days

5 cm per second

I adore 91 days! Totally with frogboffin- I love the drama, the action, the sheer batshit insanity that all the characters seem to share with one another. I love the setting, it’s far more interesting and relatable than when it takes place in Japan. Just so much to enjoy in this show, perhaps I love it too much.

How long ago did you stop?
Here’s my MAL for some quick ones.
I’d recommend anything over a 7
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/xDarkfire13x?status=2&order=4&order2=0

SAO was one of my “gateway” anime a few years back, back then I actually just really enjoyed it.

Since then I’ve seen hundreds of series, and now that I can judge anime a lot better I have a very different opinion of it.

I personally really enjoyed FMA Brotherhood. The character development and plot were great :smiley:

FMA Brotherhood is a journey. I did the entire show in one sitting practically.

Music was great too

One sitting? ;o Jeez man, isn’t that a ~60 ep series? Aha

I’m planning to watch it once I get through all of Gintama… (115/316)

Yup, if you count each episode as 20 minutes its about 21 hours long…
I had a half an hour sleep in between and 20 minutes to go to the shop and get food.
It was well worth it.

That’s hardcore! And actually sounds like a good time to me lmao

The longest uninterrupted anime session I’ve had would’ve been about 13 hours, that was back when I was watching Code Geass.