Anime Discussion Thread

Now that I finished kurokos basketball s2, I feel like shit knowing what will happen in the next season. Against rakuzan.

oh… i stopped i think mid end of s3.

And I watched the show in its entirety and loved every minute of it.

I can’t remember the smaller details like the names of the teams though, watched it years ago.

I think the ending was kind of predictable anyway, and you should still be able to enjoy it @Wizybrain

yeah, it always happens where the protagonist wins…cough pokemon cough

the thing with sports anime

###IT IS SO PREDICTABLE! MAJORITY OF THE TIMES, THEY DO GOOD, THEN LOSE AT FINALS, THEN AFTER THEIR HARDWORK THEY FINALLY WIN NEXT SEASON.

basically every sports anime ive watched, not saying its bad, a few of them got 8-9/10 from me

But KnB was special. As a basketball player myself, it is rare that you find a player who can only pass. I mean, look at John Stockton. Though he is most famous for his interplay with Karl Malone, he specialized in passing, but he could shoot adequately too. Watching Kuroko play his style of bball, which is a recurring theme of the anime, is entertaining. No one cares about the predictability of the anime unless you don’t appreciate Kuroko’s journey of getting there. He started out as broken af, but he still changed.

NOT ANYMORE

he has a dissappearing shot and his vanishing drive

hes benched sometimes and i enjoy watching it for the suspense and who he challenges, the backstory, etc.

i kinda do because u know whats gonna happen and it ruins the suspense building up

hell no, he lost to kagami in 1v1, couldnt shoot at all, and could ONLY PASS AND MISDIRECT

Yeah, but basketball isn’t a 1v1 game. His disappearing shot and vanishing drive don’t work against Touhou anymore and idk about Rakuzan.

Sorry for the spoilers.

watch fairy tail scrubs!

Fairy Tail and SAO are the bane of anime. They are the perfect stereotypical Western perspectives on Japanese culture. Anime like Fairy Tail and SAO make all other anime seem like they must have harems or objectified girls(big breasts).

And the worst part is, SAO S3 is coming out soon.

fairy tail is extremely overrated, cliffhangers on every episode, and is mainstream af

:0 how dare u >: ( its my favorite :0

u haven’t watched the big money’s yet aha puns

Don’t make me use my Sharingun on you :wink: And don’t make me go 4th gear on you :wink:

Yeah that’s the general idea in sports anime, they have to mix in some losses in there and make the matches ‘really close games’ so there seems like theres a possibility they’ll lose, which is the hook. But they rarely ever lose, especially not to some unimportant team.

The only sports anime I’ve seen that’s different and where you really don’t know what’ll happen each match is ‘One Outs’. It’s a baseball anime, but it’s really a mind game between a genius gambler and his teams manager. They have a contract where for every out he gets he gets paid 100,000 yen and every point scored by the other team he has to pay 10 million yen (or something like that, can’t remember the amounts). Was a super interesting watch, def recommend.

oh yes i loved one outs!

im thinking of reading the manga. I love mind game anime that arent too dark.

am i the only guy who is waiting for hetalia season 7

Really? Death Note bored me to be honest. Not that it is predictable, it is just that the MC screwed up too many times, which killed me.

yeah, there were lots of flaws, but the mistakes he made generally were aligned with his personality.

my friend is too