Anime Discussion Thread

wow you sent me a freind request, i guess u found me.

those times you cant remember who is who on yor freinds list…

you have quite a bit more anime watched than most other people on this thread!

you have like…

mine

my completed: days has always been on of the lowest ive seen.

Yea I watch quite a bit, slowing down lately though

…damn, how much do you watch per week? Or have you just been watching anime for a loooong time.

Ever since I moved into my new place 9 months ago I haven’t and still don’t have internet at home, so I’ve been watching more anime than usual (now that I haven’t been able to actively play RotMG anymore…). In the past 9 months I have had an average of ~45 eps a week so… ~15 hours a week (although its not like I watch anime every day, or don’t take breaks or w/e), which I thought was a lot. But even at that rate I wouldn’t catch up to you in a year+ lmao. So I’m just curious how much would you consider quite a bit…?

I’ve been watching anime for… almost 5 years now. I do watch a certain number of anime every fall, which adds to how much anime I watch per week. (As of the current fall, Wednesdays and another certain day of the week, there are no new anime ep’s being aired.)

When I first watched anime I was still in high school, so I didn’t have the time to watch anime during the day, so I watched anime at around midnight to a certain time. I didn’t have a set limit to how much anime I watched so I had a few all-nighters on anime xD
I then set a limit in case it wore my physical body out, the limit at 3am every night, to this day. If I do have to wake up very early for university nowadays, I limit myself to 2am on those nights (and this Sunday evening is actually one of those nights (urgh less anime to watch >.>:: )). So that means every night, 3 hours = 8-9 ep’s a night (every anime episode is 24mins or 21mins (skipping both op and ed)). So that means per week, I watch a maximum of 63 episodes of anime. As of recently my physically body has been getting very tired very easily, so I just sleep like a normal person.

I watch both a selected amount of anime per fall, in addition to my ‘normal’ flow of anime, whenever I am caught up with the most recently aired ep of a certain anime. As of last night I just finished the anime Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo. Next up in my normal flow after watching new episodes from BanG Dream! and Demi-chan wa Kataritai tonight, I have a one-off OVA series called Ongaku Shoujo to watch, then the entirety of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, then Amagami SS, etc, etc.

Anime that I’m watching in the current fall:

New Seasons

Current fall

Shorts from current fall

I see, that is quite bit xD

I’m not as consistent in my anime schedule, like I’ll go most of the week without watching anime then suddenly watch a lot all at once. I also seem to alternate between reading visual novels and watching anime, I’d watch/read much less of the other when focusing on one for a few weeks

I’ve been watching a lot of longer series (50 ep+) lately, probably because it’s easier to download a large batch than to download a lot of smaller onces.

At the moment I’m watching (non-airing shows):

and

Find it a lot easier to continually watch series like this, which is probably another reason why I watch so much at a time when I do.

Out of the seasonal anime you’re watching at the moment, I haven’t even considered watching: Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu, Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel, Urara Meirochou and BanG Dream!

Are any of these worth starting in your opinion?

oh those two…im on like ep 42/50 on eureka seven… i cant finish it…i dont even know how i got that far

the erin one i watched like 4 eps…

my anime schedule depends on if i find something good to watch, if i dont i just watch the weekly releases, if i find a good one, i binge it hard

I don’t know how you just drop anime that you’ve already invested so much time in lol

And with Kemono no Souja Erin I’m only 13 episodes in but it started off slow and its nothing amazing, but its growing on me and getting better I think

lol. i have 1 more ep of one punch man
2min left of pyscho path 2
3 ep of roko no yusha, what its called
like 200 more eps of bleach.

etc… the list goes on

i dont even know how i got to ep 42 of that…[quote=“Shu, post:266, topic:535”]
growing on me and getting better I think
[/quote]

yeah i suspected it would… but im more of a thriller kind of guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, cool.

Err… as of so far into the current fall… Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu- Would personally recommend Long Riders! from last fall than this anime.
Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel- Bland anime.
Urara Meirochou- If you love moe anime, then this anime is like 10/10 one of the best moe anime of 2017.
BanG Dream!- K-ON! but with more retardation.

I prefer to watch slice of life and moe anime, so the more ‘boring’ anime to most people.

me too! i dont get how its boring if u like anime in general xd
heres what i liked off the top of my head rn:

• tanaka kun is always listless
  • non non biyori
  • barakamon
  • kokoro connect

Hmm, think I’ll check out Long Riders and Urara, while not my favorite I don’t mind meo type anime every now and then.

Let me tell you something now, don’t bother with Eureka season 2.

Almost Finished Monster and Just started NHK finally

wait? theres a season 2? like after the 50 eps? [quote=“Castawayz, post:271, topic:535”]
Just started NHK
[/quote]

oh its pretty good

• You know how people have a spirit animal? Tanaka-kun is like my spirit anime character :laughing:
  • Nice slice of life anime.
  • Personally I didn’t like the way comedy is done from this anime. Same with the prequel; Handa-kun.
  • Haven’t watched Kokoro Connect yet~

yeah this was pretty good, too bad theres no season 2 of it or anything

i like the storyline from barakamon. im watching handa-kun rn

well its a bit like slice of life, has supernatural events like body changing. (similar to kimi no na wa.)

Oh boy you guys are still here?

I have really been slacking off this season, I’m only watching Dragonball weekly…

Aha yeah, heard it was pretty bad, but I’m a completionist so I’ll end up watching it no matter how terrible it may be.

And I also need to watch Monster…and NHK…and a hundred other anime xd

not the only thing you’ve been slacking off :wink:

omg, i try to complete it!!! but i just cant!!![quote=“Shu, post:276, topic:535”]
And I also need to watch Monster…and NHK…and a hundred other anime xd
[/quote]

ironic on how my plan to watch list on mal is 100+ but i never have anything to watch

I mean I think it’s a good thing not to waste your time forcing yourself to watch something you don’t want to.

I just hate leaving things incomplete and I’ve learned to enjoy most anime, I can count the amount of times on my hand that where I literally had to force myself to complete something that just bored me to death…but at least wading through shit like that makes me appreciate ‘decent’ anime a whole lot more

same hence why i want to finsih them, its not that i dont enjoy them, i do this most to airing animes, its usually when there is an episode i dont like (in a good series) i just dont want to continue for some odd reason even though it gets better 95% of the time.

i enjoy anime much more while binge watching, but of the completed animes that i like (i havent watched)… its a small list (or at least cant find)