Anime Discussion Thread

Actually, start with One Punch Man!!

For beginners Iā€™d avoid it like fire. I really started watching it only after third attempt to do so, couldnā€™t get through at all the first two times.

You probably should find a genre You might be interested in and then grab someting short or moderately long, as RMGnoob suggested.

You can also make use of the anime recommendation chart on Imgur, if itā€™s not too much.

Right now Iā€™m watching the anime on this list: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Iā€™m currently watching Taboo Tattoo, tell me if there is a anime on that list that is so good that I should skip my normal order and just go watch that anime

Wait, youā€™re going to be watching every anime this season, lol? Or are you just watching the top # of the most popular series of the season

Either way, you should probably go through the list and pick a few that interest you, odds are that you arenā€™t going to like all of the popular series, unless you have a wide range of interest.

I havenā€™t had time to start watching any anime this season, but from what Iā€™ve heardā€¦(I donā€™t know if theyā€™re ā€˜so goodā€™, but I have heard good things about them) out of the anime you havenā€™t started watching yet:

Berserk: An anime adaptation of the widely popular manga, you can bet itā€™s story is goodā€¦thatā€™s assuming you can get past the CG animation

Dangan ronpa 3 (both of them): Iā€™m a fan of the games, and personally Iā€™d suggest playing those first, especially if you like solving ā€˜whodunitsā€™.

Amaama to Inazuma: A sweet slice of life anime.

New Game: The manga this was based on was strangely really popular in Japan. It can be summed up in one word though ā€˜cuteā€™. If you enjoy cutesty comedies youā€™ll probably love it.

There are also a few sequels airing of shows Iā€™d like to think are at least worth watching, but only if youā€™ve seen the originals of course:

Arslan Senki, D.Grayman (though, only if you follow the manga, itā€™s not a continuation of the previous animeā€¦I think), Fate kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei

And finallyā€¦ Bananya: AHAHA GET IT? BECAUSE THEYā€™RE BANANA-CATS! BEST ANIME EVER.10/10

But yeah I havenā€™t taken the time to watch any of these yet, so I donā€™t know how many of these are actually good. These are just the only shows Iā€™d personally consider watching on the list (of the ones you havenā€™t seen yet), should check them out to see if youā€™d have any interest in them.

French version is better, replaces the cats with black people:

Did they both start? Considering how utterly ridiculous the games are, this should be fun. Even better if they reference Ultra Despair Girls.

Heck yeah man, both series started airing side by side a while ago. I think one is set after the first game and before the second, and the other is right after the second. (So itā€™s possible that they could reference ultra despair girls!) But since I havenā€™t started watching it yet Iā€™m not sure.

BTW is clannad after story good? my friend reccomended it to me after I finished clannad but everyone says it sucks

If youā€™ve finished the Clannad VN, then thereā€™s not much point in watching the anime.
But if you were referring to the anime, then yes, I would.
I found the second season much more engaging than the first one, focusing on the relation between Tomoya and Nagisa much more, developing their characters.
The second season also focuses on the various conflicts between Tomoya and his father, so I enjoyed that too.

No idea where you got that everyone says it suck, Iā€™m pretty sure the general anime community hails it as ā€œONE OF DUH BEHEST SHOWS EVAH OH GOD THE FEELSā€.
Personally, I didnā€™t really shed any tears at the ā€œfeelsā€ part, but the show was pretty damn engaging nevertheless.

Reccommended :+1:

Clannad AS Episode 19 made me cry sniffle :cry:

Anyone else hyped for Overlord Vol 11 release in 22 days?

Good rec. We just got caught up with this one. Itā€™s a LOT like Godfather, and in some ways it just goes too far copying from itā€™s obvious inspiration. Maybe theyā€™re meant to be a homage, but when you have stuff like this I think it goes a bit too far.

wait, overlord the manga, if i remember correctly the manga is as far as the anime?

Maybe it was when you heard it, but no the overlord anime covers volumes 1-3 of the light novel, while the manga is currently on 4th volume of the light novel.

Edit: Now that I looked at his comment, @Craftingfo was talking about the 11th volume of the light novel right?

ye i was talking about light novel vol 11.

but HOLY FUCKING SHIT KIMI NO NA WA HAS BEEN SUBBED
ITā€™S LITERALLY RANKED #1 ALL TIME ON MAL

WATCH IT.

NOW.

hoooh iā€™m still orgasming from Kimi no na wa. Time to go watch it again after annoying some more people to go watch it

Well damn you werenā€™t joking, rip.Gintamaā€™s #1 spot.

I shall take your recommendation and go watch it

Kimi no na wa was fantastic, everything I expect from Makoto Shinkai. Iā€™m not sure whether I like it more or less than 5cm Per Second, Iā€™ll call it even for now as I havenā€™t seen 5cm/s for a while. Theyā€™re both great films regardless.

I donā€™t think it will stay no.1 for long, all the people who would rate it lower than average wont watch it immediately so I expect a drop over time.

This film made me laugh a lot. Give it a watch.

omg, its soo ahead of gintama and fma broā€¦ gotta watch it then

since this thread died for two weeks decided to revive it,

whats everyone watching now and what r u hyped for this season

Flipping around we decided to give Orange a shot last night. Didnā€™t get fully caught up, but itā€™s not bad. Somewhat the same concept of last springā€™s Erased with the time travely need to change history to save someone, but without the suspense. That probably accounts for itā€™s slightly lower rating. That plus I imagine some will get super frustrated with the main character, but to me sheā€™s eerily relatable.

only watched one epsidoe of it, too many re concepts

with
Boku Dachi (erased)
orange
reLife
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
ReZero

pretty sure theres more