Armour of the Titanum

Even though that is true, can’t you make the game use its usual formula for calculating damage (including the RNG) and then multiply it by 0.6 to get the OP’s original idea? If so, you’re effectively reducing DPS by 40%. I know we have nothing like that in the game right now, but can’t it be done?

Or you could just make it multiply both Dex and Atk by 0.6 and achieve more or less the same thing in a much simpler fashion.

But damage and attack speed are not directly proportional to Att and Dex, respectively. At least the wiki says so. For example, reducing Dex by a certain percentage would make the attack speed be reduced by another percentage that is itself dependent on the Dex value.

I think there is no need to change it. That sprite looks really dope. It would be the best looking armor in my opinion.

I am struggling to see why anyone would want to run the armor. If you are putting such a brutal DPS reduction on your character, it is unlikely that you will be able to get SB damage in. (Correct me if I’m wrong. I just assumed that was the purpose of such a heavy damage reduction.)

Furthermore, should you die with the armor on and it does its thing, you would be dead and thus wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the damage that you are dealing with the vines.

The only thing the armor has going for it is the sick sprite and the 40 def. This is heavily outclassed by the huge negatives that the armor has in the -10 spd, -40% dps, and passive that does nothing to benefit the wearer.

you techiqually could rush on warrior with teired helm + this. or If you have no cc. Or trading 10 def for 10spd (compared to cc).

Forgot about the formulas.

So basically you want someone with this Armor to do:

Damage= random(MinDamage,MaxDamage)*(0.5+Atk/50)*0.6

and

Projectiles per second= (1.5+6.5*Dex/75)*0.6

Similar to how damage multipliers on items work in The Binding of Isaac?

I mean, it could be done, but in this case it still makes the item complete garbage.

Yes, but only on damage or attack speed, on both we would have a DPS reduction of 64%.

Ah that’s true. I guess it does have rush potential. But if the purpose is rushing, why not take away the speed deficit?

True, I was calculating 60% of 60%.

I guess if we want to make this a CC Armor on steroids, only keep the 0.6 multiplier on Projectiles per second.

i guess, the only reason i could think of was to maybe make it a armor that can be used for everything (but failed), rather than just a rushing armor

I feel like the DPS reduction really screws the armor over since you can’t really use it if you are trying to get in damage. The only reason that you would ever not want to do damage would be if you are rushing and don’t care about the damage you are doing. If this is the goal, then add speed to make it specifically a rushing armor.

yes, i agree.

I personally think that this is just too cc-ish. Its just a more extreme cc…

I agree. I absolutely love the sprite though. That should not got to waste.

I like the idea, and the sprite. But the 40 Def is a bit to much. This could get knights over 100 Def maybe decrease it a bit?

I just don’t see how the passive is beneficial to the wearer. It’s just kinda a cool effect. But if this is a UT, that is a lot of work for something that is just kinda cool, but not that useful.

Well, if this was a real item, that would be the risk you would have to take. Taking heaps of damage, but not being able to do damage back.

So, a lot of people are conflicted about the item. I am too as i can see, 40 def is a lot, dps isn’t a real thing, and what is the real use?

If this item is not needed, or too op, then we should use the sprite in another way since a lot of you like it.

Anyone can use this sprite i made (try to give credit, ples) to make other items they think would be good for the game. I just wanted this to give massive def, because the titanum guys look really tough.

What do you mean by -40% DPS?

I believe he means your weapon shots deal 40% less damage

Well then that wouldnt mean DPS, it would just mean -40% damage, which is equal to -20 atk.