Armour of the Titanum

yep

see for yourself.

Although I understand your reasons, yes, I do happen to know how DEF only blocks 85% of damage and that armor piercing bullets exist - I happen to own multiple Crystal Wands - and that Armor Broken is also a status condition; however, those do not appear on a lot of monsters.
The Godlands become more or less pathetic for a Warrior or Knight with absurd DEF - even if there’re a lot of White Demons, their bullets do not go incredibly fast and can be avoided with ease; and even if you do get hit, there’s always your pet - which is probably the greatest factor in all of this - who will heal you up in no time if it’s a high enough level. Of course, lower-level pets will struggle a bit more healing you, so no, it isn’t all rainbows and sunshine. However, I doubt anyone who does the Shatters often enough to get one of this item is wise enough to not pop it on an unmaxed char or on themselves if their pet isn’t very powerful in terms of healing yet.

About your point of projectiles dealing over 200 damage, yes, I do understand that those exist, but most of the time these are either easily avoidable - whether it be due to their low speed or by means of walking a certain pattern - or are only used by enemies that Knights/Warriors shouldn’t be facing in the first place. And even if the projectile is hard to dodge, it would still take a significant amount of them to kill a player with the armour on. Remember that melee classes have the highest base HP and will most likely use such a ring to achieve over 800 - if they are maxed - or perhaps even 900 HP.

To come back to one of your earlier points, I see little to no reason why a Warrior or Knight should be walking in (hot) lava. Like, yeah, the bonus armour won’t protect you from accidentally speedboosting yourself as a Warrior and speeding through hot lava, killing you within seconds, but again, these terrain effects only appear in a few of the game’s dungeons - the Shatters, Abyss of Demons, occassionally you’ll see some in the Godlands, the puddles that the Larva stage of the Murderous Megamoth makes, but that about wraps it up.

Finally, yes, there are still possibilities where you could get instakilled. Those instances, however, are rare and are most likely known of and therefore avoided. I could of course be wrong here - it’s been a while since I last played, so my memory may be a little rusty.

First of all, I want to remind you of the full stats of this Armor: +40 Def, -40% DPS, -10 Spd. That’s gonna be important later on.

They don’t need to. Only one enemy with Armor Break can be enough to make the entire dungeon unsafe, or one enemy with Armor Pierce if said enemy is common enough throughout the dungeon.

If you’re doing something like Sewers, Ice Cave, Shaitan or Tomb, the Armor Pierces/Armor Breaks aren’t on a lot of different enemies, but they’re still frequent enough to pose a very real threat.

It’s true you can just stack Def on Knight/Warr and be very comfortable in godlands, that’s what fame trainers have been doing for years.

But what you need to realize is how much the Spd and DPS decreases are going to hurt you, and how dangerous godwalls are because of the potential amount of Armor Piercing shots and simply because of the sheer amount of shots in general.

Which is why the -10 Spd is going to be a problem, since it’s really going to affect your ability to dodge them.

Elaborate on that?

Lavawalking, Abyss rush, …

There are also a lot of instances where you’re not exactly getting instakilled, but still have very little time to nexus before facing an inescapable demise.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.