Bring back "Dungeon of the week"?

I’ve already posted this on Reddit, I thought this idea could be of some interest for you guys.

When I first saw Deca’s post about the “Dungeon of the week” being the Undead Lair, I immediatly thought it was a great idea. A cycling sort-of event that gives more incentive to do dungeons, and grants a bit of extra loot to players? Great! However, it’s been one month since this happened, and my hopes of seeing this event again are slowly dying.

I really think Deca should dig deeper into that concept, and make the “Dungeon of the week” a permanent, cycling event. The Abyss of Demons, the Snake Pit, the Sewers… these are some of the dungeons where it would be nice to have the event chest cycling through the dungeons, and have fitting (and balanced) loot in each one of them.
Here’s an example of the loot that, say, the Abyss of Demons chest could contain:

• Potion of Defense (uncommon)
  • Potion of Vitality
  • Tier 4 Rings
  • Tier 8-10 weapons
  • Tier 9-11 armor
  • Treasures (Golden Femur/Ribcage/Skull)
  • Demon Blade (RARE)
  • Sword of Illumination (VERY RARE)

I think that this concept is one that should be revived, and that it would make the game always feel fresh, having something special to do if you’re bored. Please et me know about your opinion, I really hope Deca will think about putting sweet little things like this in the game.

Yes! I think DECA forgot about it :c

Also adding to the chest I think the loots should be better because the abyss is huge and a pain to clear

I dont remember the UDL dungeon of the week, could you perhaps go a bit in depth into what the dungeon of the week was?

Clear the whole dungeon, chest would spawn and contain rare items such as skeleton warrior, bbwolf dbow, morning star and pots.

Deca titled it as "dungeon of the week " event so we guessed next week there was going to be a new “dungeon of the week” but no.

Personally I would love to have a sewers dungeon of the week event because it encourages people to clear sewers and actually do them even if there is no rusher

oh that is really cool actually, thanks for clarifying. I agree, this would be really cool. since it dropped rare skins, how about you add like the demon skins to the possible drops for the abyss example you made? just a suggestion :slight_smile: this is a like from me

I don’t see how you can clear a snake pit as the small snakes always respawn

Yay, let’s heavily inflame the prices of a random potion each week!

Maybe if instead of having the chest drop the stat potions, it would drop the tokens for whichever thing is going on.

Then don’t clear it. The time it takes to clear an entire abyss is long enough for you to just do 2-3 abysses normally, provided you can rush (which really isn’t that hard).

The drops dasukur provided are an example, I suggested to buff the drops because deca actually wants people to do the event if it were implemented

Bad choice of dungeons. All of those dungeons above have treasure rooms in them. I think that the chest should be added to dungeons that don’t have trooms.[quote=“Medussa, post:7, topic:4494”]
Maybe if instead of having the chest drop the stat potions, it would drop the tokens for whichever thing is going on.
[/quote]

This is a great idea. The price of Mana was inflamed enough by the constant OT event chests, so I think that the chests should drop tokens instead of the potions, so that it won’t affect the prices too much.

What about having a demon spawn skin drop from the chest? I find it fitting to drop in the abyss.

That was already mentioned above, [quote=“WillLoor, post:5, topic:4494”]
how about you add like the demon skins to the possible drops for the abyss example you made?
[/quote]
Read before you reply, otherwise the same things will just be repeated.

ooops :sweat: I didn’t see that.

Or if you’re lazy Ctrl+F to search the whole page for words :3

What @toastrz said on Reddit

I’m pretty sure it was only temporarily paused due to the holidays while they were taking a break. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see another designated dungeon next week with a more consistent schedule.

(Toastrz forumist also confrumed)

This event need skins, like random pet skins or bashing bride

Yeah, I was thinking that having skins as drops would be pretty OP for an event that’s always there. Looking back at it, it could probably be balanced if those chest wouldn’t have guaranteed loot.

Well, code could be written to count clearing as killing the things that don’t respawn

True, I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s just that little bit more effort that Deca needs to put in which might dissuade them from it.

Oh, you’re right. Didn’t think about that, my bad…