Carbide Katana (Oryx white?)

[Sprites not provided]

Carbide Katana

“A serrated katana made from an incredibly strong material. The blade can cut through just about anything.”

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Damage: 120
  • Shots: 2
  • Fire Rate: 55%
  • Range: 4.2 [Projectile Speed: 70, Lifetime: 600]
  • Effect: Bleeding to foe
  • Stat Bonus: +8 ATK, +2 SPD [Roughly 2175 DPS with offensive stats maxed using normal tops]
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies, Armor Piercing
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 800

Drops From:

• Oryx the Mad God 2

I guess I just want Oryx to have a white? lol
It emulates his armor breaking shots.

that’s about it :confused:

I feel like a sword would better fit Oryx better, but I guess there are already enough UT swords.

Pretty nice idea, Oryx should probably get a white bag drop. :stuck_out_tongue:

way WAY too many things going on. It feels like you’ve just stacked all the effects you could think of.
First you got 2 shots, then armor piercing, then bleeding and then a lowered fire rate?

Few questions: what is the duration of the bleeding?
what is the gap between the shots?

Overall I don’t really like the idea, oryx doesn’t really need a white

Uhm

What’s the point of this

REALLY WHAT’S THE POINT OF THIS

Aint a need to guess when you have Pfiffels Damage Calculator.

The point of oryx is not to drop a class specific white, oryx 2 already drops tops a quite high rate compared to other top dropping dungeons. The wine cellar would out class other dungeons if it dropped tons of tops (so many that they are called Wine Cellar Tops), and a white.

Shit gotta remove the 'does not count toward SB’
but fyi I did calc it with Pfiffel Dx

I guess bleeding was a bit unnecessary. I just thought it would fit the theme of a serrated blade. But it’s meant to be a swapout for the ninja against enemies with higher def where Masamune or Doku would lose out, like some of the Shatters bosses, as well is being more clearing oriented rather than loot oriented. Two shots would ease aiming. However the spread of the shots is meant to be <10 degrees if possible.
Idk what it should drop from honestly. The only enemy I can think of that could foreseeably carry a katana is Stethno…? I mean, she holds two thin blades… But I can’t really say. I mean, we’re talking RoTMG here, a place where Unicorns drop swords and orange blobs drop cloaks…

I made you some sprites for it
Carbide Katana Benleekids and EpicNecros

Projectile sprite

Sorry to be nit-picky but that’s not exactly the reason. WC tops (or just “tops”) were originally only obtainable through the WC, but the addition of the epic dungeons and the Shatters meant that these items dropped in more locations.

Overall, I think that this katana works mechanically too similar to other weapons; it should have something more unique to it.

They still drop a lot more in the wine cellar I believe

Umm… does that not seem incredibly height to anyone else? This would give you instant sb.

DPS = Damage per second, although he didn’t say at what DEF.

Armor piercing it has that dps at all DEFs

For a katana the dps sounds about right… from memory

um…

DPS does not = Damage

Average katana DPS is usually around 2300-2500 at 0 def, not accounting for Sullen Blade. This is intentionally lower than other katanas.

@EpicNecros any comments on the sprites I provided you?

The first one seems fine, but the blood detail is somewhat unnecessary, even though the katana itself causes bleeding.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.