Community Flagging

did you just flag yourself?

It’s the flags around the forums that the mods get notified about.

When is each wand useful? my post got flagged, and I have no idea why thou.

I don’t know if I offended anyone, or…?

It was because you went off topic :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

the flag message says whether your post was off-topic, inappropiate, or spam

It said this, but how was it inappropriate.

ask the mods, to me it is definetly not inappropiate (slightly off-topic tho)

@moderators how was it inappropriate

Sorry.

oh :frowning:

but that is off-topic, and not inappropiate

This is correct it is however a violation of the community guidelines which includes No-content replys.

But what if the face is a reply to what you said?
I don’t want to type out wink wink

Then just give a like instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

but then like, pretty much every off-topic flag could be counted as “inappropriate” because

Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream

if something like that was to happen, flagging it as off-topic would be more appropriate than flagging it as inappropriate.
@moderators what do you think? I know one of you probably already reviewed that flag, but I just wanna hear your thoughts on whether it should’ve been flagged as inappropriate or off-topic

The mods have told us to flag pretty much anything that goes against the guide lines at all. Just following their wishes

We’re having a discussion on this the importance of the flag reason amongst ourselves right now, actually. Personally, I think it’s debatable that that post was flagged in the first place, and my opinion is that it shouldn’t have been flagged at all. But, if I were to apply a flag to it, I would say it’s off-topic rather than inappropriate because that statement isn’t inappropriate by any measure that I use. Just because the post was short on words does not necessarily mean that it’s low-quality. Sometimes the best/most humorous/most appropriate response doesn’t require words.

I think it’s better to moderate with your heart than your head.

Personally I was trying to wink back at shatter because he winked at my post t.t

That irony

On topic part to prevent a flag

thats happening in ~50% of threads