ConsoleMC’s Guide to Testing Whether You Should Play Massive Multiplayer Games

#ConsoleMC’s Guide to Testing Whether You Should Play Massive Multiplayer Games.

Because this guide is more like a montage of people complaining (from multiple games), I placed it in the off-topic section.

It’s also somewhat like a rant.

#Whining About a Change That Only Benefits You I’ve seen multiple people who whine about how the game is rigged, etc, and want an idea implemented that would only benefit the complainer. If you’re like that, don’t play a massive multiplayer game.
Summary

Player 1: This game is rigged. Why can’t we have two pets?

Player 2: _You only played for [checks RealmEye] three days…

Player 1: Why can’t people under three stars have two pets?[/details]

#Blaming Someone Else for Your Problem(s) Okay, this is somewhat common. I even have an example.

[details=Images]

If you’re like this person, don’t play a massive multiplayer game.[/details]

If this is the type of behavior that defines you, please don’t play a teamwork-related game.

#Acting like a Creep Sure, some people act like a creep and all, but seriously, if you want to act like a stalker, that’s just disturbing.
#Annoying Other Players Like above, if you enjoy annoying other players for entertainment, you shouldn’t be playing a massive multiplayer game. It’s what makes a game cancerous.

[details=Summary]

I found this image of a Spark-Epidemic, where 5+ sparks joined in spamming a server, causing multiple players to crash.

These four tests will surely tell whether you should be playing a massive multiplayer game.

Also, you probably could tell this is like a rant. 

I’ve been in the position of Blaming someone else >.>

I blamed my loss of a jugg to nut cause I was in a public tomb on the person who made the public tomb ffa. (In my defense it was like 6 people, no reason to do it ffa)

I also blamed my trickster death on some red star who messed up my drag in a shatters. He then messaged me about how noob I was, and that triggered me even more.

I dont play Starcraft so I dont understand the end.

There was like, 5 people following me around a week ago and would follow me screaming SENPAI. I switched servers and they somehow followed me in there. Took a lava bath and they kept healing me.
Found a djinn. Problem solved.

wut really? or is that just a really random example?

If you don’t want people to follow you, just set your realmeye 'Who can see my last location to

or nobody

Starbreak (FTFY).

Ignore the [Player] Opened a Portal to [Dungeon]. The chat is what I’m emphasizing.

may I ask what game u were playing?
And is it permadeath?

Starbreak. Yes permanent death

ahh, I can see why the guy was raging XD

That guy was raging because I (along with 4 other players) homed out. I knew that we would fail, so I homed. He was trying to home earlier, but was hit. The phase was where the two huge “generators” come to land, spawning tons of monsters. I homed out right before that phase came. He didn’t make it out… alive…

How Starbreak Works

This is a “mini” version of RotMG, with a peak of about 100 players. It is perma-death.

• Your goal is to defeat the Watcher. Your account begins at Level 1, but progresses until it gets to Level 20, the highest level.
  • You must earn stats (or boosts), from one of many zones. Each zone has a difficulty, with Fire Forest/Frozen Blight begin the easiest (MK I stats drop there) to the Star Cathedral, being the hardest (MK V stats drop there).
  • When you enter a hostile dungeon (called a zone in Starbreak), you have a few seconds to nexus (home) out immediately, Afterwards, you must wait 10 seconds until you can return home. If an enemy hits you, the timer stops, and you need to start the homing process again (another 10 seconds).
  • Each time you take damage, you are given a short time of invincibility (like Minecraft).

sounds pretty fun. can u max stats?

You can.

ah
Are u considered good?

No. I’m considered trash.

But we’re getting off-topic. I suggest you make a new thread in the #off-topic area. I can further answer your questions there (with @Shatter’s help).

ah

I was playing a while ago, in Starcraft, when you left the forums, and I saw you online.

Probably not going to play Starcraft again, but man, I was bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.