Could deca revive and make money?

ok so wait could we make a revival system like pay a fee of 5$ to revive a character that deca will do for you. Because i look into the history of ROTMG and it did say that when SwatSec hacked and kill a lot of people they had to revive everyone’s character for that reason could they do it now and make money from it.

(deleted post)

Nononononoonono

This ruins a core part of the game, and makes the game literally pay to win.

isn’t the game already a pay to win

Yeah, they can revive death characters, but this would completely destroy the permadeath system, and the entire game is based on that.

true but let say you had a favorite character you can pay to get it back but have it to were like the base fame resets and like all your stats are reset but you get to keep your items or something like that.

No, they didn’t. People got free charslots out of the deal, but killed characters stayed dead.
(Source: I was there)
Edit: Looks like I was wrong. My memory is hazy—'twas a long time ago.

Having said that, I’m sure Deca could make money with this approach, but it would certainly be more than $5 (and have a far-reaching effect on the economy…not that Deca cares about that, of course).

Are you sure that didnt revive because i was reading up on it and a lot of people said that they got there characters back. yea the price my be to low and the economy could be affected by it but in return deca could make some extra money.

The characters that died during the SwatSec event were revived and returned in new character slots.
(Source: I didn’t play on that day and regretted it.)

Yea that day was deadly.

To answer the question; No. Deca would never do this, but if they did, I’d be very angry with them. :angry:

@RoyalBox that’s counteractive of the essence that makes RotMg RotMG.

thank for your opinion just looking for what people think about it.

@RoyalBox ok, sorry if I came out a bit agressive.

@RoyalBox I think that this idea would be illogical to have in a permadeath game - rebuilding an account and getting / trying something new is the very essence of what makes RotMG fun.

Bruh. 5 bucks is wayyyy too fuckin low. I have two ideas, they first one, just make it constant by 50 bucks.

Also, these should be direct payment rather than gold, because ppl will try and sell gold accounts, supporting RWT

2nd one scales with quality:

The price will be 2 dollars if nothing is met, and its scaled like this

All numbers are in usd dollar

Lv 5-9 + 2

Lv 10-15 +4.50

Lv16-20 + 6.50

Only the level you are at counts, if are level 17, you only pay the 6.50 , not the other amounts

FAME is base fame

21-150 fame : +2

151-400 fame : +5

401- 800 fame : +7.50

801-2000 fame : +12.50

2001+ Fame : +20

0/8: +0

1/8: +2

2/8: +4

3/8: +6

4-5/8: +9

6/8: + 12

7/8: + 15

8/8: +20

For every day it is active: +1

For every __ in inventory or equipped (VANITIES COUNT AS WHAT THEY ARE, SO T9 BELLAS RESKINS COUNT AS UTS)

Consumable(not hp/mp pot in the stack): +0.05

Top: + 5

Old Top: +3

Old top-1 :+2

Old top-2: +1

Old top-3: +0.5

Old top-4: +0.25

Old top -5: +0.1

UT: +15

DISCOUNTS (for skill, or just appreciation, these do not stack with each other, if you get more than one discount, they add on):

Wearing back pack: 2%

Dark blue star: 1%

Red star: 1.5%

Orange star:2 %

Yellow star :2.5%

White star: 3%

5-10 fame bonuses: 1%

11-15 fame bonuses: 2.5%

16+ bonuses: 5%

Death by quest boss: 1%

Large dye or cloth: 1%

Small dye or closet:+0.5%

IF YOU ARE IN A DUNGEON WHEN KILLED:

Killed by boss (DOES NOT INCLUDE TREASURE ROOMS): 2.5%

1 grave dungeon: 0%

2grave dungeon: 1%

3 grave dungeon: 3%

4grave dungeon: 5%

5 grave dungeon: 7%

Now this seems like it’s a huge list, let’s give an example for a fully decked out 8/8 Assassin, yellow star, both cloths, with all swapouts, decent vanities, a back pack, 4K base, who died to a abyss brute because a warrior decided to drag. For specific we have these items on it:

Cdirk, foul, amythest, cleg, plague, murky, milk, harly, hydra, spec, gem, candy ring let’s suppose he already did a few successful abysses, so he’s also got a def and 3 vit as well:

Uts: Cdirk, amythest, cleg, plague, murky, harly, spec, gem, candy ring - adds up to 9x15 = 135

Tops: foul milk hydra - adds up to 3x5= 15

It’s 8/8 so +20

It’s lv 20 so + 6.50

It has more than 2001 base, so +20

Let’s say it was active for 3 full days, so +3

We have a sub total of…199.50 usd, now for discounts

Wearing bother cloths, so 2.5%

Died in a 4 grave dungeon so another 5%

Yellow star, so 2.5% again

Wearing backpack, so another 2%

Let’s assume it had many bonuses, so 5%

So we have a total discount of 5+2+2.5+5+2.5 = 17%

Subtract the discount and it’ll cost 165.59

ok so the 5$ is like a base so you guy’s can change it because its only opinion’s but damn thats alot of money for a char.

true and i like what you said about it but couldn’t they make it to were you can revive one character, for one day per month. If you get what a i mean because everyone has a favorite character that that worked so hard to get.

True, but all legends die sometime. If this was implemented it would be like a one-use-per-month ammy physic, and we all know how that went…

every day its active, you mean playtime? or consecutive days I logged in and played on it, cause if its the second one, than that would be at LEAST an extra 200 dollars

I have 2 maxed wizards, so when one dies, there is a backup. And I can use the lower fame one for crazier stuff… Nobody should be revived ever in this game. You can just rebuild. It would destroy fame, trying to get high fame characters, and in case suggesting revival of only stats or items, this would be useless to most players.

Also, I just think this is a bad idea. I think it destroys the feeling of the game. Like, if my big wizzy ever dies, unfortunately, he should be dead and not be revived for any reason. If I didn’t have that feeling, that knowledge that my dude can be gone forever if I slip up, I probably wouldn’t play this game at all.

Edit: Slight edit…