Creating a Good Item Idea

heh ill add that to sprite help along with the default sprite sizes for the other things

NICE! I couldnā€™t get around to reading it because phone but huge props to all of you, love ya guys <3

@OtherBill Besides STOP HIJACKING PEOPLEā€™S POSTS (still havenā€™t forgotten how you relentlessly bullied me that one time with HG AND ignored me in game), mind pinning to the ideas > Items section?

While itā€™s a guide, I think itā€™d he much more useful there than here (also you know how there is pre-formatted text when you create a new item? Put a link to this baby).

Yea i think this should be pinned at the top of #ideas:items

ā€”[quote=ā€œUnicornSla, post:22, topic:4925ā€]
@OtherBill Besides STOP HIJACKING PEOPLEā€™S POSTS
[/quote]

Yea OB likes to sneak in other peopleā€™s posts rather than actually replying. idk why/
Why @OtherBill?

Oh, okay.

I donā€™t remember the HG incident, sorry. And if I ignore you in-game, that probably means Iā€™m busy pew-pewā€™ing.

Just last night, for example, I hopped into a realm right as it spawned and I was trying to take out all the Red Demons before people from the closed realm killed O1/O2 and came in, so I could find the Lucky Djinn and solo the CDepths in peace. Meanwhile, there were three or four different people /tellā€™ing me things like

<someone> notice me senpai :frowning:

I feel bad, to be sure, but I happen to be out of Dokus right now and really wanted the CDepths to myself.

Nice thought, but the only option I see is ā€œPin Topicā€. Not sure how to force it to the top. @Doc?

As Iā€™ve said elsewhere, thatā€™s how I interject a side comment without distracting the normal flow of conversation. However, if people really find it that distracting and disruptive, Iā€™ll stop.

Youā€™re such an old fart , donā€™t have to type an essay every time I make a joke D: donā€™t be like Stu!

Hereā€™s the HG ā€œincidentā€, but as I said, donā€™t feel bad at all or for ignoring me because it is rather annoying when you get a bunch of meaningless PMs when youā€™re trying to do something.

As for putting the little edits at the bottom of peopleā€™s posts, I find that itā€™s a fun little thing and I get your intention for not interrupting the conversation, but it looks like itā€™s too exciting that people get off topic even more so up to you to monitor that.

Oh, okay.

[Heh.]

Yeah. It looks like Iā€™ll have to use that schtick a bit less often. Or perhaps way less often.

[Or maybe only in my own posts.]

since i just finished my exam, i will explain something more:

i will explain some thought processes,

for my item
#chu co nu

Basically chu co nu is a weapon from history, which means repeating corssbow. However, 1K shot just came out. So i thought about how it was a crossbow that shot arrows super fast for a few seconds, and then stopped. So that inspiried my first idea: the more you shoot, the less ā€œaccurateā€ you get, basically its like the range of your shots slowly increase. Its like the unstable thing. This would be a progressive scale, if you read proasdā€™ dagger idea, it was inspirited by this. However, due to the complex nature, i felt this was unfit for the game. I just imitated what the actual item does.

I also had another thought, after lets say 3 seconds/ Xnumber of bullets shot, you got slow, then after another few seconds/ X shots, you get daze, then it went to stun. However, the flaw was this was the purfy, also i felt like was a cheap idea that i took from Docā€™s frost orb. This also used a progressive scale, which i felt was not good for this game.

Then i had another thought, after shooting, you would automatically shoot lets say 10 bullets. They would still come at your dex value, its just you cant stop shooting, after firing you would get stunned for like 1-2 seconds. This was mainly use d for invulnable enemies/killing in first moments/ hit and run tatics. However, this was also effected by the purify, and i felt this was too hard to balance.

I also had another thought, i just cant remember what it was anymore though.

Just showing some thought process for thinking of ideas, i used the historical weapon to make an idea.

btw: all of these ideas had shorter range and shots like etherite and non piercing (truth is, that could be the idea right there).

Thatā€™s all you need to do. Pins will auto-sort to the top, unless the user chooses to manually unpin by clicking the pushpin icon.

oooohhh that makes sense! Smart OB, hereā€™s a :cookie:!

How do I implement my idea http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html save and put it on the forums? D:

Draw it, save it with some good tags so you can find it later, then screenshot it and post the image here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.