Damaging vs. Berserk

Is damaging better than berserk or vice-versa?

Might need to be in game discussion.

@DreadDrake has a point.

But it depends on what class you are playing.

No it doesn’t. In a public dungeon with chests, your goal is to deal the most damage with the least shots, so you don’t need to worry about not hitting sb. You want to be able to meet sb threshold with a SINGLE shot no matter what.

What if you are soloing? Or doing dungeons in small groups?

Then it’s the same, both increase you dps by 50%

although damaging is better, berserk is more fun in my opinion

seriously, whats so hard about reading the forum rules?

I would say damaging is better than berserk in general

But the damaging buff is only on pally so :slight_smile:

This will likely be helpful to you, think of dex as bezerk and damaging as atk.

If you’re interested in playing around, go to Pfiffel’s DPS Calculator and get the graphs of damaging vs berserk for certain classes.

From my 1 minute of playing around on it, it seems like damaging will almost always give you more pure DPS.

However there are other things to consider such as:

• When you’re berserk and have low frames, some of your shots might not register.

• Even then, it might be easier to aim with a faster firing rate and you’ll hit your target more frequently.

You can go to pfiffel dps calculator like unicorn said

But most generally, berserk is better if you have more dex and damaging is better when you have more atk

But the problem is that you don’t choose which buff to apply, that’s not like rings that you can change, so there’s not really a point debating about that

EDIT: Actually, the only thing is that it’s better to have damaging when enemies have more def

both increase your dps by 1,5 and are independant from att and dex

As said up there, damaging and berserk both increase your damage input for the same value. I wouldn’t say one is better than the other, but that it depends on the play style :

• For people having troubles with aiming, go for berserk : more shots = more chance to hit
  • For people having a decent aim, go for any you like, as they are both as useful.
  • For event chests, go for damaging : as said, the more damage a hit, the more you’ll get SB.

In general situations (farming glands, clearing dungeons…) I would go with berserk, as it enable to hit more monsters. But once again, that depends on the class and play style chosen.

if the enemy has def, damaging increases your dps at that enemy more than beserk

Forgot about that. But is berserk better than damaging on low def monsters? In pure DPS I would say no, but in term of usage, most of the time those low-def monsters come in groups, and so having piercing or fast-shooting might be good.

If you can always hit your shots, damaging is always better, because enemy defense is subtraction-based rather than percentage-based. Even if you can’t, if you’re berserk, you’ll be shooting 1.5 times as many shots, so you’ll probably be missing 1.5 times as many shots, and damaging is still better.

one thing im not sure if its mentioned, is where you are fighting, like tomb bosses shoot those annoying weakens, thus berserk might be better there, but they also have high def so dmging might be needed.

but if you debating pala/warrior, i generally like pala b/c its buff has a much bigger range.

But what if you’re a wizard: 75 dex and 75 att.

If a monster has high def, you’ll get the highest dps with damaging, however if you miss a shot, you’ll lose more dps than if you lose a shot while being berserk

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.