Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

isnt that the one of tons of people marriage and everyone

spoiler

dying

the name choices were hard to follow lol

Yup, we did it this year and it fits in with the whole idea of gaining success through unethical means and such.

Yes, I can understand the part about reconnecting, and why that should be banned. However, the part about sprites is confusing. Unless you’re a maxed warrior, there is no way you should be able to kill the boss in less than the 10 second cooldown on teleport. But yes, I can understand that. However, if I were a hacker, and I chose not to use my hacks for these malicious things, would I be considered a “malicious” hacker?

no, you would be considered a hacker, pretty self explanatory. community would still look down at that. read stupidity’s post

Knight can do it. Regardless, 10 seconds is usually enough for the hacker to have done ~90% of Limon’s health, leaving the legitimate player unable to get soulbound. By the time the player has teleported and reoriented themselves, Limon is usually dead. It’s really frustrating, and I’m pretty sure you’d know if you’ve experienced this before.

Hobbit-mage sitting? /s

You yourself wouldn’t be malicious but the hacks are. And it doesn’t really matter if you don’t do it because you’re just one out of many other hackers who do have malicious intent. That’s why hacking is generally viewed so badly.

ok thanks! learned a lot today.

Good stuff, I hope you’ve been having a good time around here and plan to stick around :grin:

RMG’s posts are super fun to read… as long as you’re not the one being roasted, heh.

It must be nice to live in a bubble that allows you to be apathetic to anything that doesn’t “directly affect” you.

No, the logic was that if the non hacker feels so strongly about being against hacking they should leave. It was an example. Some things I can agree with, but I don’t get that. If you’re such a hater on the non harmful version, (because I completely agree on the harmful kind), then you should leave. If you’re like most of the community, it doesn’t matter that much, as it won’t really affect you enough to ruin your game. The worst that happens is you don’t get loot, which is the same if a person has tops from ptw.

Hey just saw another thing. About your

But isn’t this literally the exact same thing for 8/8’s with maxed divine pets? They can just sprint through everything, and their pet will heal them. If you think about it, a lot of the things you’re saying could also apply to maxed pets. Reconnecting: Instead of dc’ing from autonexus, they just stand in a corner for 5-10 seconds and have max hp and mana.

You are correct, and pets can technically be seen as a ‘paid hacked client’.

You’re getting an edge over other players, but in the case of pets, it’s a ‘legitimate’, P2W method.

A very, very fine distinction; hence why so many of the older players like @Remmy @Doc hated the way pets were implemented.

Though I would argue that 8/8’s are different; yes you do have an advantage over other players but you’ve earned it, and they can too. That’s simply not the case with maxed divines though.

There is no ‘harmful’ and ‘non harmful’ cheating. It is all bad, a prop to people who are too lazy or talentless to play the game how it’s meant to be played. As for ‘tops from ptw’ that rarely happens. Or if anyone does spend money in nexus on tops then go into game thinking themselves unstoppable they will quickly learn some harsh lessons. The only way you gain and keep tops is through learning how to play.

heh

Lol but for some noobs like me, we need the prop to be as good as the pros. It makes us feel good about ourselves.

or here’s an idea learn and adapt and improve

Maybe I should added ‘in this game’. At least I don’t know of any: all the hacks I am aware of help you to some extent.

I wanna fly my blob fish :frowning:

But that takes too long. Why do useless stuff like learning when you can hack and then quit the game a couple years later without spending (or wasting depending on opinion) all your time to learn these complicated things. For you white stars who can actually spend time on this stuff without getting bad grades (I’m in high school, and for me a bad grade is a b), then its fine. But I have a lot of other things to do. I just want to take a break, and not have to pay so much attention. I can play the game, max a character, and all without being a rotmg freak.

Non-hackers shouldn’t have to leave, because they actually belong here. Cheaters don’t belong in a game and never will.

Have you considered that maybe you simply didn’t pick the right game for yourself?

If you don’t like games with a difficulty curve, why would you play a perma-death shoot’em up game?

If you don’t like games that take too much time, why would play an MMORPG?

It’s not this game that should adapt to you, it’s you who should put more thought into what games you play.

Sure.

But then your logic could be applied on a larger scale:

Why do anything in life when you can take an easier path, athough it may involve cheating?

You seem to brush off learning as trivial, so it gives me the impression that you view schooling as that too. Why waste your time learning when you can cheat and quit/leave 3 years later and go off to university as though you actually tried?

This will be a very cheesy example but let’s compare the Blindness status effect to doing a test. Legitimate players are like legitimate test takers; they are blind in that they can’t see others papers. But hackers are like cheaters; they will look at others papers and have an advantage over legitimate test takers.

Does it directly affect the legitimate test takers? Not the absolute score, but it does affect their relative position in the class, which is similar to hackers.