Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

OH MY GOD you’re right, I shoulda had hacks /s

See, now you’re just trying to insult me. So now I have to rebut what you said earlier.
First part, why I started an MMO: I just wanted to play. The reason I started hacking is because I wanted to play RotMG. Its not a bad game, I just didn’t have the time that I would need to get max “legit”. Its a shortcut because I make it one. I don’t want to put too much time into this game. Call me lazy if you want, but It is my way of playing RotMG and doing school well. And how am I making people bend over backwards? I just want to understand your point of view, and point out what I consider “false” things. If you choose not to see them as false, and you don’t want to listen to me, then leave this page alone.

Legit: Ok, I think I misunderstood you here. What I interpreted your original comment as was [quote=“RMGnoob, post:46, topic:3342”]
Except the very definition of a legit player is that they don’t take shortcuts outside the game to progress. False equivalence.
[/quote]

If you look at it that way, then yes I can understand that. I thought you meant that if you hack in Realm you cheat or something in real life.

Can you rexplain the part about how none of my arguments make sense? I am just explaining my point of view, and why it differs from yours. So far you haven’t actually debated any of my original points, just the real life ones.

The thing is, the reason I cheat is because I don’t wan’t to put time in. I play about 30 minutes a day, when I’ve finished all my homework. I don’t have the time to learn it, and that’s why I use hacks. So then I don’t have to put the time in to learn, I just start with an advantage.

And there is no posturing. I’m not trying to make you hack. I’m trying to make you not see down so much on hacking, or at least to not hate so much.

I consider anything that is not part of the game or anything that isn’t given to a realm player through the game itself a hack. We aren’t given autonexus, autoaim, auto reconnect, etc. Any player that has those options is someone that I would consider a hacker.

I don’t quite understand why you say that you have to hack, so as not to spend so much time in the game, so you can get good grades. I do not hack, play a decent amount every week, and still get all As. I don’t see the correlation between hacks and grades. Could you please explain it to me?

@Sileeeeex heh

Hold on. So you’re straight out admitting that you’re a hacker? This is the realmeye forums, and although DECA isn’t in control of it, any player can report you immediately.

And sorry, what? You need to hack to play RotMG and do well in school? I can do that just fine, but without hacking.

You have to learn how to play realm? It’s just WASD and Q and E to rotate. R is nexus. Spacebar is your ability. And so on. What’s so hard about it?

I’m sorry that I’m coming off as rude, but honestly, your defending points don’t make any sense to me. And I just don’t like hackers.

Sorry!

Heh, its not as much the playing as it is that I’m not good. If I didn’t hack, I would definitely not be able to get past 1/8 without dying. I just like it because it speeds the learning up, or basically skips it.

Because condescendingly telling me to get a life and calling me stupid isn’t an insult?

You can’t demand respect from people when you’re not respecting them.

Then why didn’t you play anything else? MMOs are giant time sinks, you shouldn’t be playing this if you don’t have time to waste.

There are millions of games out there that aren’t MMOs.

This isn’t about the game being good or bad, it’s about the game fitting in your life or not.

It’s hard for me to take all your talk of “I don’t have time for this” seriously when you chose to play this game and then chose to keep playing it. Seems like you really have your priorities backwards.

By asking us to tolerate you when you’re completely disregarding the rules that made our community exist in the first place.

I have no idea how you went to that conclusion. I’m only using the term “legit” in the sense of “a legit player”, not in the broader sense of “being a legit guy” in real life.

I don’t give a fuck who you are in real life, because I’ll never meet you in that setting. What I do give a fuck about is how you act on the internet, especially when it’s towards me or within a community I am a part of.

Because I’m trying to consider what’s good for this game as a whole while you only care about yourself?

Thing is, I don’t even need to care what your original points were. I’ve asked you a very simple question: why aren’t you playing a game better suited to your tastes and time schedule? You still haven’t provided a satisfactory answer, all the while constantly repeating that you need hacks to play this game and that you don’t have time for it.

You could take your time and slowly learn how to play. This game isn’t hard. You could have a very decent character in maybe 10-12 hours starting completely from scratch.

You’re trying to push this idea that you’re the guy with a real life while legit players are all nolifes. That’s just posturing. You don’t need to play this game 5 hours a day to get good at it, you just need to be willing to learn. Playing 30 minutes a day, you could get better than the majority of players in a matter of months, maybe even weeks.

We have an entire section of the forums dedicated to player guides, including a section for newer player to ask specific questions. Just explain why you can’t get past 1/8 there and we’ll sort that shit out.

We’re not here to laugh at your failures.

I’m not a hacker, I just say that I am in order to make the whole conversation easier. That way they can use me as an example instead of being purely hypothetical. I have to learn to be good, and I’m too lazy to do it the hard way. Hacks don’t make you better, but make the game easier. Hackers need that crutch in order to be good. Sure that means that they’re worse, but they obviously know that.

Whew. Can someone please close this post. I’ve definitely learned enough. And its starting to get a little too much. Only about 5 people are commenting. Thanks for all the feedback. And just so you all know, I don’t hack. I started saying that to see how people react when they know I’m a hacker.

This isn’t only about you. Might as well keep this open if anyone else wants to play devil’s advocate or wants to actually come out and admit to cheating.

OK yeah sorry for that. Didn’t think about everybody else :slight_smile:

Oh, I see. You use hacks to speed up learning, so that you can spend time doing other things. I understand now. Doesn’t quite make hacking right yet, sorry.

Whew, nobody seemed to understand that. I wondered what I was saying wrong.

Yes, but how long would that good feeling last? I personally have cheated in some games (mainly the Pokemon Emerald duping glitch), and although I already beat the main story, I still feel like I ruined something for myself (in this case, exploring the game and earning the items legitimately). Now I only ever cheat if I have everything that I possible can get without cheating, most recently beating Puzzle and Dragons Z and using a save modifier to give myself the items I could only get if I pre-ordered from 4 separate locations and getting it as soon as it came out.

By the way, this is one of many games I have never cheated on. Please do not ban my account.

Because that’s not how learning works.

You can’t learn how to play a game when you’re not playing it yourself.

You can’t learn when to nexus when you rely on an auto-nexus to do it for you.

You can’t learn how to aim when you rely on an auto-aim to do it for you.

You can’t learn how to play melee in FFA Tomb or WC when you reconnect on ranged classes every time.

You’re not speeding up the learning process, you’re completely bypassing it.

Dammit. I would like this post, but I’m

OUT OF LIKES!!!

A rogue did this to me. Every time he uncloaked, he was in the wall.

ok so completely out of topic, how do u email deca? xD