Different Kind of Lag

Might be just be and I might need to go fix my pooter but has anyone else seeing lag differently?

Whenever I’m in the castle I get the solid black before the tiles load (so far so every day occurance) but now player movement carries on perfectly normally over the black, walls disappear/reappear, but the scary bit is enemy movement looks normal but they’re not taking damage and I’m receiving damage but I only find out a several seconds later when the health bar suddenly plummets.

I’ve also been DC’d out of all five of today’s CDepths and always at the boss just after the fight starts. Not 10 minute DC, just kicked to Nexus.

I know lag and DCs are normal, and have been since day one, but castles and WCs got much more dangerous today…

Or my laptop is fecked. Etiher way. But if someone can confirm or deny what I’m seeing is game wide or just me that’d be nice.

Your laptop isn’t nearly is fecked as mine. This probably is native to your computer and not the servers because I have been experiencing this kind of lag for a long time. WC’s are impossible for me because O2 gets steamrolled before the black tiles load. I can’t even do a Spider Den without DC’ing, much less a CDepths.

As for the ten minute DC, I haven’t experienced that in a very long time.

i always have that. that is why i cant do oryx castle, manors, shatts, or any lag in general. but its probably because of my computer

This only happens when I play on Chrome. I don’t take any damage until several seconds later (like you said) which is really scary.

What do you play on? (but I’m assuming since this hasn’t happened before it’s not related)

sometimes im in glands killing medusas and i randomly take 500 damage like 5 seconds later. but i can also use to advantage(is this exploiting?)by closing tab just as i sit on septavius

Usually Chrome but I’ve never seen lag like this before today. Guess it’s an update.

Need to be bothered getting my Kong account working in projector. I’ve avoided it because a) I’m lazy and b) the frame rate sucks. But lower fps is better than death.

Thank you for your helps folks.

Could you please have your computer properties here?

It would be nice to have them so we can better diagnose it,

Please also consider looking here: https://sites.google.com/view/rotmgtroubleshooting

are you saying the fps is bad when playing on flash player? perhaps you have tried it on the latest version, i strongly recommend flash player 18. also if you’re too lazy, then just use firefox.

According to the performance stats I’m getting 45-60 fps but movement is really jerky.

I’m on v23 so I’ll get the old version and report back shortly.

Firefox totally sucks - every time a new ad tries to load (I have AdBlock Plus) the game freezes for 2 or 3 seconds (whether AdBlock is enabled/disabled or uninstalled). I’ve tried CCleaner and wiped all that I can but it still sucks. v51.0.1 if anyone’s interested. Lots of complaints about the performance of e10s.

Edit: I <3 you Selimmm. Works like a charm… :smiley:

Edit edit: ConsoleMC doc no longer there.

Based on your op you described everything that a bad upload connection would do. You download the packets that the server gives you normally (server tells you where other players are and all), but you don’t upload packets to the server rapidly (thus the server not giving you the map where you actually are because you didn’t say to it “I moved there”). The bullets you take are also sent to the them by your client, and the server then proceeds to update your health amount.

This can be caused by your browser eating the upload bandwidth - I suggest closing all other applications while playing (on the projector) if you’re not sure what’s slowing you down.

This.
My frame rate doubled when I switched from 23/4 to 18.
In more populated areas such as the trading server, it went from about 1-5 at busy times to at least 20 always.

What?

What is with you?

This happened to me a lot, then I switched to Flash Projector.
Never happened again (except that one time when that IDIOT ASSASSIN JUST HAD TO LET HIS PLAGUE POISON LOOSE AT A CUBE GOD WHEN I WAS GOING IN ON MY KNIGHT, sorry for salt)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.