DIRKHEADS Megathread- Guildlines/history/recruitment for one of the Realm's oldest guilds!

==================================================

Guild Guidelines

• No hacking, multiboxing, notifier, scamming or cheating.
  • Treat both guild members and other players with respect. You can troll, but you should not harass or insult other players
  • Cooperate with other guildmembers and preferably other players
  • Your Realmeye-profile should always be completely visible to guildmembers

Dungeon Guidelines:

• In a guild dungeon, the opener decides the rules. Fast, insta, rush, clear, wait at boss, melee-only, only use T1-dirks, it’s the opener’s call. Don’t like the rules, don’t join the dungeon.
  • Always wait for other guild members. Call Treasure-rooms and wait for bosses until everybody is ready.
  • Always make sure all guild members can reach Soulbound-damage on chests and bosses.
    Be grateful. Call your loot and donate to the opener if you’ve received a drop.

================================================================

Our guild was founded in January 10th 2012 by Karlos, making Dirkheads one of the oldest still active guilds around.

Karlos tells our history best…:

I was a lonely player I barely communicated with other players because when I was (Still am) a noob all the pro players ignored me or hurled abuse at me and only made 2 “RotMG Friends” if you like before meeting any past/present Dirks.

I then started talking to a player called Haox who made me realize that realm wasn’t full of, well, assholes basically Then (this is going waaay back just before tombs were released) I met Sorto, ZYnk, Mattyfatty, Einsiferum, Aenir (Their are others who I can’t remember) who I kinda started tagging along with to pass the time in realm, this was when I started gaining some popularity cause I went willy-nilly and opened lots and lots and lots of dungeons. So I either met them in a Dungeon, by PM or just generally meeting them

Then guilds were officially released and I think cause I was so excited I made the guild “The Mafia” and invited everyone I knew and then just invited a lot of randoms CAUSE I was sooo excited (And I think I promoted everyone as well which means there were 20+ leaders and some were randoms which is why we changed)
After less than an hour of discussion everyone decided that the guild was too full of randoms and just before or after I made “The Mafia” the other “MAFIA” was made so we didn’t like the name and all agreed on “Dirkheads”
So all the people I met and knew left “The Mafia” and joined “Dirkheads”, where it was all better and more controlled yet relaxed ( We just let the randoms enjoy “The Mafia” as a free guild)

Then I guess it just originally blossomed from their with the members of Dirks knowing other people and inviting them to join and it just eventually got full and we became the close guild of what we are today
After it was all comfortable and we had all settled down, we started running back-to-back wc’s, paying for incs with the loot we gathered and that is how Dirkheads had their “Get Rich-Quick” scheme. (I think the most WC’s I counted when I was online was 15 in a day)

Yes. We were called “The Mafia”

Long time member Frogboffin wrote a slightly more poetic version of the Dirkhead’s history, explaining perfectly why we’re also called Derpheads or Dickheads.

Talking about “Dickheads”…In the past we were well known for Pcaving, opening a Pirate Cave just over the WC portal or the Oryx portal.

Pcaving did set some bad blood with the community…sometimes. But trolling was and is fun!

To polish up our reputation, Dirkheads organized a Recompense day to make amends to the community.

During this notorious event we hosted a gazillion WC’s, hid Drake Eggs, held a Oryx Castle Race and held a huge Veng drop party, dropping 263 Vengeance Armors on the ground.

We were and are a guild that enjoys fun, a tight-knit group. But we have also always been a high level guild. Running many WC’s, mastering tombs and mastering the fame-game!

Several years later, we held a new Recompense day by celebrating our 3 year anniversary, opening a swarm of dungeons and buying up almost all the T1-Dirks in the game, almost gloriously crashing the server.

With the game slowly winding down, left in the hands of an uninterested Kabam, came our next milestone.

October 2015, we joined forces with our dear friends of TwinStars. TwinStars being a similar guild gave us a much needed shot of activity and we are still proud to play together more active than ever!

Thank you for being a Dirkhead!

We are proud of the guild and proud of the little community we have build over the years. Next year we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary, still going strong.

See our Realmeye page for details on how you can join our fun!

Come help me bust the train!

God damn I love this guild.

Dirkheads will always be #2 on EuW2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dirkheads megathread is back

Hello friendly Dirkhead neighbours o/

Credit to @Hendrik for much of the content on this.

4/77 would join again.

January 27th should be January 10th, of course. The day Guilds were added to the game. My bad!

Hi dirks

:D

Yahya!! Where have you been?!

Hi Yahya, nice to see you again :slight_smile: Hope you’re doing okay

…o/

Thank you for being a Dirkhead!

Goddamnit Matty! Watch that copypasta

I love that archive screenshot, I wonder how many of those guilds have survived? LessQQ and Trusted are still around, I think
EDIT: oh and MAFIA
EDIT 2: I went through and checked,
Alive: MAFIA (Kinda shell but not quite), Dirkheads, Awesome

Dead: RotMG Japan Guild, TeamVIPPERS, Optometry, Arrow To The Knee, Banana Power, Nexus (Shame, thats a good name), Prime, TeamSakuSaku, Lag Fighters, Russia, Polish Blood, Ton, Mc Donalds, Kongregation, Demon Hunter, Vampire Hunters, Supernova, Newbs (I was in this one :frowning: ), Anomaly

Shell of Former Self: LessQQ, Trusted, The Infamous

76% of those guilds are dead, and only 12% are still close to what they used to be. Congrats on being one of them Dirkheads :slight_smile:

I’ve always stared at you Dirkheads with apt admiration. Kudos!

Thanks!

Yeah it’s awesome to see those old realmstats. It really was a different time back then.
The #10 in 2012, Nexus, with 113k fame, wouldn’t even be in the top50 nowadays.

The powercreep is even clearer with the individual characters…
Itani’s xp would be about 20k fame.

For sure, and I’d bet that has something to do with trains having several years to evolve into the unholy behemoth they are now. It was quite the different game back then. I mean seriously, trains would follow the mid-highland roads! Nowadays that would just be seen as pointless unless your really just wanted to find snake pits.

the roads-train were great to level up fast. :slight_smile:
I remember the train was very happy when it landed into a group of Slimes. And sometimes it would get steered towards godlands, medusa-bombing everyone

<3

Awesome is mostly dead, isn’t it?

*whoa nevermind, they’ve revived!! That’s exciting to see, for a while Play was the only one that played. Heh.