Fame Character Slots and Vault Chests

The main problem with this is Duping and fame exploits. Unfortunatly, things like the vault chest unlocker will almost definatly never drop and fame will definitely never be able to be converted into gold

Oh, I have a completely different reasoning from most ppl. I think itā€™s a terrible idea because it would hurt DECAā€™s profits. People would be much more inclined to get more character slots through fame farming than spending money on the game. You may think that is a good thing, but I disagree.

By forcing players to pay real money to get character slots which are pretty much essential and required to play the game, DECA can ensure that the majority of players, new and old, pay at the minimum a couple of bucks. These couple of bucks from each of the thousands of players that play RotMG every month help keep the servers alive. Without this constant income from players buying essentials such as character slots and vaults, DECA would have a hard time earning money from the game, surviving off of only mystery boxes etc.

So why you may ask do I disagree with it? Because in short, it would make the lifespan of this game a lot shorter, and I want this game to live a little bit longer c:

yeah if it had the same drop rate as a double juggernaut I would be okay with it

No[quote=ā€œJesusLion, post:1, topic:5875ā€]
Simply buying them with fame
[/quote]
This would encourage heavy fame farming

No

This is actually the reasoning most people would think, to be honest.

But if this were ever to be implemented, we might see a change in the fame system, which is something that a lot of people might want to see. @Zlushy Iā€™m looking at you.

I suppose that could be a pro of this entire idea. Other than that it is pretty bad.

Thanks for reading my comments. /s
I never said I thought it was a good idea to have a fame to gold converter.

I agree completely. But what you said isnā€™t original.[quote=ā€œCannedSoup, post:22, topic:5875ā€]
Oh, I have a completely different reasoning from most ppl.
[/quote]

Actually, if you consider the average player who considers such scenarios, they would most likely not consider the things I stated. There have been many posts before this one on various different RotMG forums and it took countless replies in order for a sensible person to reply with the reply I gave. I suspect it may be due to the fact that most players are younger than the age of 15 or 16. Any younger than 15 or 16, and the person may not have the means to think about company profits and such.

You probably havenā€™t been on those older RotMG forums though since those posts were from ages ago, couple years now.

See my above post. Most players in the community donā€™t think about this situation the way you and I would since they are most likely below the age of 15 or 16.

Iā€™m 14. Iā€™m not complaining or anything. But I do see your point.

Iā€™m 14 too lol.

im 10

Key word is ā€œmayā€

Everyone here saying F2P is easy enough has obviously never played F2P. You basically hit a wall at about 6/8 70/70 and canā€™t proceed.

Whether thatā€™s a good thing or a bad thing is debatable, and what the impact on decaā€™s revenue would be is also debatable, but I donā€™t want to hear that F2P is only ā€˜making things less convenient.ā€™

Being F2P myself, itā€™s hard to weigh in fairly on such a topic, but I feel that a single char slot for either fame or ingame time would be more than enough, as the main issue with F2P is the inability to accrue account fame without suiciding - leaving yourself with no chars. One slot would resolve the issue, but it would remove incentive to pay for slots, given that one of the primary incentives for buying gold is avoiding this conundrum.

Few edits:

• One year would probably be a fair amount of time for one free slot.
  • Vault chests should never be obtainable for free - unlike that second char slot it isnā€™t 100% necessary to play the game as it is intended to be played. (Ty deca for that one free chest though)
  • Ocean Trench needs a player limit. Or a massive buff. Like quintuple Thessalā€™s HP and double the damage of all its shots. Seriously. Nearly impossible to max Mana without trading F2P. (Yes Cdepths exists but with Mana basically always only dropping to one player, and the reduction in the amount of realms, itā€™s not as good as it used to beā€¦)

I was about to suggest the same, while this very same thing was being discussed years and years ago - I think it makes sense to have 1 char slot and 2 chests available with fame, beyond that is a luxury.
My old account had all the chests (before they expanded vault) and enough slots for all the characters and I was happy to pay for those luxuries because I didnā€™t want to kill any chars to get white and I loved having massive wealth.

Iā€™ve already gone to 2 char slots and 3 chests on this account and thinking of getting more.

[quote=ā€œAlusclone, post:32, topic:5875ā€]
hit a wall at about 6/8 70/70 and canā€™t proceed.
[/quote]Whyā€™s that? If you can farm enough def to max, then you can farm enough to max life. If you can max one rare pet, then you can max another. It obviously takes more time, but itā€™s not impossible. Fame train for pet feeding and pet yard upgrades. Farm def to buy mana and life. Donā€™t use F2P as an excuse for laziness.

Edit: Donā€™t max a character until you have enough account fame to make you happy. Sounds like common sense to me, but you never know. Also, how have you not gotten any of the free char slots? Surely you, being orange star, were around long enough for those.

I like the idea of a temporary Mystery Box with a Vault and Char slot unlocker.

Perhaps merge the dye and cloth box with it.
Say, a Box for 200 fame that rolls for a random cloth, random dye, Vault, and Char slot unlocker.
Naturally, the chance of getting a Vault or Char slot should be extremely low, considering the amount of clothes and dyes: perhaps even lower than the chance it could be when you pick any random one - 235 dyes and clothes, 2 other items, chance of 1 in 237 or about 0.3%.
Lowering this seems like a good idea, or heightening the fame cost.

Putting it for a week seems crazy, so perhaps one weekend?
Just thinking aloud here - surely there are plenty of issues here which I may not be able to adress.

Iā€™ve been a f2p gamer all my life, and I understand that wall you hit. But you have to realize that the p2p/p2w aspect of this game only makes things go faster. It is possible to max 2 rares and fuse them. It will just take time.

Also, just playing for one year should not be enough to earn a free slot. You actually need to do something. It really isnā€™t fair.

Go start a new account f2p and come back.

@xspinatkx As I said before, thereā€™s often situations where you start a char with like 1500 dead fame ready for feeding, then you run out while the char is still alive. Only feeding UTs. Youā€™re faced with a choice of whether to suicide the char or to accept that feed power will be going to waste. Sure itā€™s possible - but honestly, itā€™s quite ridiculous. As for it being unfair, what would be more fair? Chars maxed? Dupers. Fame? Train all day everyday.

I was F2P for the first 3 years of realm. I never said was P2W anyways, what made you assume that? If you can get one rare pet, you can get a 2nd to fuse. If you can get 6/8 one char, you can farm def to buy life and mana to drink. Youā€™re being dramatic and lazy.

The wall is there, but itā€™s a wall of inconvenience, not an unbreakable wall. Itā€™s there to sweeten that temptation to pay for the game. i was an f2p for a very long time, got 8/8 and whatnot. Then I bought an ample pack and do not regret doing so. As f2p players, you really canā€™t complain about this game, as you can do anything that paying players can, just that it would take longer. That is a lot more than many other games.

The point is that you canā€™t do it without buying, which is quite obviously not the intention. Iā€™d like to see your legendary pet that you ā€˜got in 3 years f2pā€™.

I can complain about whatever I want. Whether or not anyone acts on that complaint is another matter.

E:
Starts complaining about f2p
Day after starts getting pub tomb loot
conspiracy