Fixing Chests - Megathread

As you all know, the chest system is somewhat crappy. Kabam put it in place as a temporary measure and whereas it is the grand equalizer, it is a bit unfair that you can get loot without even attempting to fight. Some chest dungeons are decently class-neutral whereas some are not (read:Draconis). My suggested solution is primary for the LOD and it is to incorporate some sort of varying loot system depending on damage dealt to the boss. This would basically mean that you could get up to twice the loot chances of a leecher for giving a lot more of a crap. Yes LOD in general is a bit wonky, needs a rebalance to let melees hit easier but although it might be a slap in the face to melees, they already ruled glands dungeons.

Let me know what you think below.

Edit - Incorporated comments, sorry I wrote this post at like midnight.

Removing Test Chest

Let me ask you something.

About how much damage do you do to a boss in a LoD as a melee?

About how much damage do you to the boss in Shaitans as a wizard?

Specific dungeons are better for certain classes than others. Do you really want that?

There definitely should be a way for people to get the loot that they deserve, but there is also the problems that @XSpinATKx mentioned as well. I guess there isnā€™t much of an easy fix to this problemā€¦

Umm I think thatā€™s why their white bags are considered ā€˜rareā€™ Also you cant leach shaitans.

Aka completely ruining random number generation and making bosses that gain hp broken. Pls no.

The best way to fix the chest issue is to take them away from puppet. The other chests make sense.

yes, I do. Iā€™d even like to see special class restricted realms every now and then. E.g. a realm for melee only (knight, palley, warrier). Or other funny combinations. How about a mystic and trixx only realm? Archer and huntress, thatā€™s it. Top kek. It would fuck up things for guud (dungeons and events) and many funs and giggles, without much of an investment (from deca derps).

And as to chests: just fucking get rid of them already.
Also stop it with the extra chest in special key dunschn pay to wins shit. It sucks.

Well, then ok! Proceed with the idea!

Your grammarā€¦
Your spellingā€¦

Me no liks it lots.

I Agree with this, Always 0 and doing all the workā€¦

Wait whatā€™s wrong with wizard in shaitans lol.

Yes actually, thatā€™s EXACTLY what he wants, and what I want.

Each class is not only a style play, but should serve a special niche in the realm.

I never found a problem with it. I just proposed a question.

Most of these aforementioned dungeons were poorly designed to begin with, seeing as melees are utterly useless against Feargus, and that Shatains is also a rushed job.

Ideas like this have been tossed around the forum, but with smaller incremental amounts.

So a specific group of classes can benefit from being in certain dungeons and also be rewarded with an increased chance of a white bag.

Thatā€™s counter to what I meantā€¦every class should be given equal chances (ā€¦which they are really, people just leverage the ā€œlow DPSā€ claim to their loss of loot).

i agree with this maybe, the more damage you do, the more chance you have of loot

That just brings up the whoooole ā€˜more realmsā€™ issue again. Iā€™d rather we focus on not having 1-2 realms per server which get steamrolled by events 24/7. Letā€™s get a good number of normal open realms (as before) before we try some shits and giggles. Funky ideas though!

how about this- i went inside a bellas right when the boss died, and i got a white bag without even seeing bella. Getting the best loot with absolutely no effort. Rigged, isnā€™t it?

Well, you have to time when you go in properly.

But yeah, you could do that.

heres an example. Excuse the hate, apparently people didnt know that I was aware of the test chest dropping all the loot.