Fixing Chests - Megathread

JEEZUS CHRIST I WANT YOUR LUCK.

also, RIP the worth of my Bashing Bride

That’s quite amusing, and a perfect example as to why this is a problem.

So as I look through the responses, my math was in all fairness shitty but yes, if some dungeons were predisposed towards other classes (Shaitans and Puppet are decently class-neutral I guess) which would get a bit more loot, that would be good. Plus, the Knights and Warriors always were the best for non chest dungeons so why not make something that say, Priest can get it’s loot.

The other day me and this knight did a puppet, and this level 3 rogue sat in the start room the entire time, didn’t even help with boss fight. He tp’d after boss died, and he was the ONLY ONE to get an att of the three of us. I do think that the puppet chest isn’t needed, as the boss can be hit by all classes.

I agree with puppets and LoD that leechers should have some sort of disadvantage in terms of loot.
Although I never understand why so many people complain about feargus. As long as it’s not laggy, it’s not hard to slip in past the armor break volley (hint: go in at diagonals if you are at 0 degree camera) and get shots in. Obviously you can’t continuously attack the boss like longer ranged chars, but it isn’t hard to learn when to hit feargus if you just bother learning.

How about a simple solution that may change lod entirely- make the dragons shoot less bullets with bigger angles/in between spaces for each armor-break volleys and maybe also the sick volleys so that melee can actually get in deep safely.

I’m not sure you understand me. I already said you can get in deep safely as long as theres no lag. I’ve never had issues going and hitting feargus with knight or pally. Never tried war with speedy, so can’t speak to that. But any of the melees have enough health that if you recognize that you will be hit with an armor break, you have time to back out.
No need to fix what’s not broken. And just because you have a tough time with it doesn’t make it broken.

Remove Loot chests from LoD, make dragons vulnerable to Stun every once in a while.

Remove Loot chests from 2nd and 3rd boss in Shatters.

Done.

If they are going to do that with LoD, they should also make it easier for melees so they can actually get damage in.

I agree with this 100%. Puppets are one of my favourite dungeons, but i never do them because the chance of getting loot is just so damn low. Same with LOD, if you have less than 20 people then its just a complete waste of your time.

WB thread

/s

what does that mean?

White Bag Thread

I agree. Tired of leechers in draconics getting whites.

Okay, you go kill black dragon on an unmaxed knight. Tell me how it goes.

So how come you guys don’t whine about unmaxed knights not getting loot in O2? Oh wait, maybe it’s because if you bring an unmaxed char to high level content, you might not get loot? So why would you feel entitled to get loot if you bring an unmaxed knight to LoD?

stahp. Melee can probably get just as much damage in on LoD bosses as most other classes if they try. Stop expecting handouts.

have you tried doing black with a melee

This doesn’t really help newer or less experienced players as the 2nd and 3rd bosses have some pretty daunting and complicated phases. The opposite of what you said would work though (remove the chest at 1st). And yes, nobody would drag blobs but wouldn’t it be fun to dodge a horde of monsters that can instakill anyone from the 0/8 priest to the 8/8 knight, compared to just standing in the same spot for the entire fight.

Have you ever tried reading previous posts in this thread?

I have done it on both knight and pally and have had no issues whatsoever, as long as it isn’t laggy.

The point was to reduce the possibility of leeching, not to make the bosses easier.