Honey Sceptre needs a buff

Honey Scepter: Stolen from the Queen Bee herself, this scepter possesses the power to destroy evil.

In my opinion the only thing this sceptre possesses the power to destroy is a Hobbit Mage…

Tier: Untiered
MP Cost: 90
Damage: 100
Targets: 10
Fame Bonus: 2%
Feed Power: 450

Drops From:
Queen Bee

For an MP cost that is 30% higher than the fulmi and about as rare of a planeswalker (arguably one of the best cloaks for Rogue) I think that this sceptre needs a buff.

The Orb of Sweet Demise is plenty powerful having a Staisis and slowed effect, but the Sceptre is just too meta-empty. Perhaps it could target 12 targets instead of 10, and have MP cost 85? Or could it have a status effect that is unique to its type?

Please give me some feedback on this issue …

i used to got one but dont know where it was know lel.

I think it should slow and the fulmi should have a different effect (like armor pierce, break, etc) the honey scepter should slow because honey is slow

Good idea! while we’re at it lets also buff poison fang dagger, Great idea 10/10 while we’re at it lets also buff bone dagger. Honey scepter drops from a low level dungeon, its supposed to be bad. There are a lot of items that are meant to be bad. Just like poison fang dagger and bone dagger and sprite wand and snake eye ring and spider eye ring and snake skin shield…

Honey scepter is not meant to be the best. It is good for hitting many targets. Its situational, just like all UTs should be, well at least the ones that aren’t completely useless like:

• Poison fang dagger
  • Sprite wand
  • Snake skin shield

Fulmi would then be useless and the honey scepter would be op

TRIGGERED

This is what triggers me most

its true though Sprite wand and all of the other items I mentioned are just plain bad, the’re not even situational, other than bone dag, but its still pretty bad!

@XHippobrox has more DPS than recomp in a OT, though i’m not sure after the new update…

It doesn’t want to know why? your only hitting about half of your shots anyways because sprite wand is nearly impossible to aim.

Actually it’s 25 mp higher, which is about 40%

A R M O R P I E R C E

Except that it drops in an extremely easy dungeon? From midlands? It’s not supposed to be good, it’s just like saying robe of the tlatoani needs a buff or the spiders eye ring and poison fang dagger needs a buff

Nonsense, we all know it’s the greatest UT ever designed.

Post interesting map features here

congratulations! you are now more observant than most fungi!

If you think it isn’t powerful enough to carry, don’t carry it.

Its use is pain to see… it is for the new player.

Yay! I’ve been studying for years to become smarter than most protistic fungal life!

Seems weird that it doesn’t Slow, when the orb which drops from the same dungeon does. I’d be fine with both Honey Sceptre and Fulmi doing Slow, to give players an easier alternate route to get a slowing sceptre.

Then we’d have a slow sceptre that does junk dmg but is easy to farm (Honey Sceptre).
And a slow sceptre that does good dmg but is white bag rarity (Fulmi).

I don’t think that’s okay, the honey scepter is garbage and it should be. it’s on the same tier as snake skin armor, poison fang dagger, and crystal skull. also the entire point of fulmi is that it slows at all, even if it only did 50 damage it would still be the best one.

imo everyone is lucky it even hits more targets than tiered ones, being a midgame UT it could very easily just be a mid-tier scepter in between t4 and t5 or something.

They could always make its Slow duration shorter than Fulmi, to maintain Fulmi’s primacy.

Fulmi is 180dmg, 3sec slow, 7 targets, 65MP (1260 max dmg output: 19.4 dmg/MP)
Honey could be 100dmg, 1.5sec slow, 10 targets, 90MP (1000 max dmg output: 11.1 dmg/MP)

That is all true, but doesn’t address how Honey Orb, from the same boss, does Slow yet the Honey Sceptre doesn’t. It’s the inconsistency annoying me more than anything else!

Couple that with the strong theme of honey=slow all throughout that dungeon, and it’s fairly odd they didn’t give the sceptre Slow. Did the Fat Bees use some kind of non-stick honey when they were making the sceptre having used up all “the good stuff” on the orbs?

(A parallel though less-strong example of another boss who drops 2x UT abilities, Ivory Wyvern: Morning Star & Helm of Draconis - both do Paralyse, though the “paralyse theme” is hardly something associated with Ivory in the way that Honey/Slow is with The Hive.)

I actually like that, it gives room for more originality in a single dungeon’s UT’s and also spreads the UT’s that work most similarly around so you have to run different dungeons to get them. some more examples along these lines:

• sprite drops EP and Plane, they have literally nothing in common except for drop location

• esben skull fulmi and honey orb are all basically the same thing, but have totally different drop locations. they’ve even got each one on a different “game tier”, too. event dungeon, godland dungeon, and midland dungeon.

• condu and leaf bow are also basically the same thing, but one drops in a godland dungeon and the other in an event dungeon.

• dbow and ass, yet again basically the same concept, but dramatically different drop bosses

• snake pit, all of stheno’s cyan bag drops have the theme of “speed” with them, but bulwark does not. in fact it’s one of the slowest weapons out there, and it’s not even green like the others. (not that I mind)

• puppet theater, harle promotes ability spamming and heavy mp reliance. dancing swords prism promotes strategic use over mindless use. the two do not work that well together

I’ll admit the thematic honey=slow association is stronger in the hive than anywhere else, but the argument of “thematic inconsistency” has always seemed like a very weak argument to me. if it helps you can think of it this way:

honey is sticky, so the scepter hits more targets because the lightning is “stickier” than normal and lasts longer.

See, this is the kind of closed-mindedness I hate about some players in the game. @Nevov agree with me here, Sprite wand has higher and more reliable “Doku-style” DPS against high defence and wide bosses which can be hit easier by the shots, such as Thessal and Avatar.

Why are you so protestant upon a conversational idea and say “doesn’t need a buff, that’s it”?

Because he’s right. The Hive is a much lower level dungeon than any of the other examples stated, even the Sprite World. It was made with the same design philosophy as the Cracked Crystal Skull. It fills a unique — albeit not too useful — role that can be helpful for newer players but doesn’t serve much of a purpose in the endgame. It was never meant to have an application for experienced players.

As for the idea of making it inflict Slow, that would just make it a common version of Fulmi. Let’s face it, nobody uses Fulmi for the damage it deals, they do it to spread Slow easily. To make it come from the Honey Scepter as well would be thematically fitting, yes, but it would also throw a wrench into the progression of scepters. Why farm Labs to get Fulmi if you can just run a couple easy Hives and get the same thing?