Hotfix for Patch 27.7.X8.1

Dear players,
While we have started to look at how our recent patch is impacting game play and of course checking out your feedback, we have decided to pull back the distance restrictions from most monster dropped dungeons while keeping the system intact for the following ones: Tomb of the Ancients / Ocean Trench / Shatters / Ice Caves / Lair Of Draconis / Davy Jones Locker / Crawling Depths. In the process we also fixed realm portals in dungeons and the portal issue occurring inside Lair of Draconis.

We would like to thank all those players who provided meaningful and constructive feedback that helps us to evaluate our changes and apply tweaks where needed. While we always try to provide good fixes for exploits we find, there are bound to be times where it is not perfect on the first throw. So, thanks again, you help a lot!

To all those who have conjured up images of the Armageddon being upon the game… you can usually assume that we are not out to implement something that will inconvenience the players the most and then make no adjustments - just because we feel like it. What possible reason could we have for such a course of action? The reason we are raising this point is to let you know that it is way more time consuming to find the constructive and useful information if everybody is just randomly hurling curses and insults. :slight_smile:

So now, with this first tweak live, please continue to give us feedback on the topic and we will continue to adjust the settings over the next days so that we can achieve the fix for the initial exploit and notifiers while at the same time not inhibiting the cooperative features of the game more than strictly necessary.

All the best,
Your Deca Team

crosspost from reddit

Patch Notes 27.7.X8.1 Gobble Gobble. Happy Thanksgiving!
Wtf man deca fix this
Petition: New Thanksgiving Patch
Dungeon Error?
What is going on with the new update

I still say make no dungeons restricted, don’t try to salvage a bad idea

also now only the fastest person at the start of the realm can do crawling depths, not good

no idea how.

this >

Didn’t know you could do 4 spaces tho

didnt get it with 4 spaces got this

yeah got it with >

i noticed if you did < > everything in between dissappears. Basically comment in coding language i guess.

im still mad

FIX DA SMILY

I don’t call Depths either way. It’s either I get a mana 100% or I don’t. And I like my odds of the first one. I would rather do it myself.

its a quote, screw that.

lol shats has like a 90 sec timer, pretty useless

thanks for informing me of your selfishness? others call randoms/friends/guildies

70*

ehh, oh well,

what if they just added a timer to how long you can teleport to a dungeon or added something like

[guild mate’s name here] found a/is within range of a [dungeon]. You have x seconds to teleport.

• you could add a shortcut like /gtp or /tpg

Just a thought, I don’t have time to make it perfect so maybe one of you guys can do it for me. What if instead of making a tile restriction they make it so you have to be in the realm when the dungeon drops or when the event spawns in order to enter it.

the hack they are countering requires you to be in the realm

maybe just when the event spawns

can you please explain the hack?

uh… no no i cannot

[incoming meme]