How does priest get loot?

I’ve been playing priest for a couple of days, and i’m far from enjoying it. I’ve ran more than 30 bella’s (using all of my keys) and only get a life pot twice, and then a shitty artemis skin that nobody wants to buy. The only way I can get loot in dungeons is if I solo, which takes maybe 15 minutes on a loser of a 0/8 priest (or do it in a ridiculously small group of like 2-3). Getting a pyra with him is probably the luckiest i’ll evert, let alone a prot (and that was with a small group of 2 people as well). If I try to solo a sprite world and some other guy join me, I never get loot unless I use my conducting wand (and why would I risk a white bag on a 0/8 priest).
Any advice? ):

[details=Somewhat unrelated question]It says this on the wiki:

If that’s so, can someone explain to me why at almost every single test chest i’ve seen, there’s always a staff class trying to blast the living shit out of the chest with an ep.[/details]

Point and shoot

It’s all luck

EP on chests arent’t necessary at all, but I guess those kind of people think more damege = more loot. Or they are just trying to annoy people.

Onto the priest issue. While I do not currently main priest I used to about a year or two ago without any problems. Even when I play priest now I don’t seem to get any less loot than with other classes.

My advice, just expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

It’s all luck

He’s not wrong

hey man, to be fair

I’ve ran at least 40 with a dbow archer and all I have to show for it is 1 life pot and a bashing bride, which I already have unlocked… Priest can certainly get loot, and yeah it may not have as high of a chance as an archer with a cbow, but it really depends on group size. Try running them with your guild don’t open in the nexus. I was running HUGE, like 15 people groups on the bellas.

In the end, It’s all just RNG mate. Keep at it, play with a couple friends. I love the saying “The more, the merrier” but in this case, it’s sortof the opposite. Play with close friends/guildmates and keep randoms out.

Well, here is how I see it.

A priest can qualify for soulbound even with its bad dps. It just needs time. But since everything gets steamrolled, the priest doesn’t have enough time.

As for test chest, people like to feel that by doing a lot of damage, they’ll get more loot. And when they do get loot, they’ll attribute it to that EP blasting. Then they’ll keep repeating the process and when they don’t get loot with that EP, they’ll be like “Wtf 0.”

Glances at my Ep that burns in my hands from shooting it out into the chest with my 75dex and att, soon quietly sliding the Ep away back in my wizzard robes, walking off with 1def and att pot.

Anyways, I kinda agree with what @JonassMann said, I’m that person that thinks to myself, “If my life is not at risk why not try and deal the maximum amount of Dmg to the boss/chess? Maybe my chances at loot would go up.” I do know about this whole Sb threshold and what not, but really the only time I watch the Dmg amount I do is when there’s a priest around <3 That’s if in a small group, if big group I just blast my way, and then stay back to drop some loot for that struggling priest~

But of course, not everyone is like me.

Okay well here’s the thing, You only need to do like 10% of the test chests total health to qualify for soulbound IF the people shooting the chest are below a certain number, so if there are 4 guys, and one of them is smashing the chest with an EP, well you have a problem because the priest is likely not going to get loot

If one of them is smashing the chest with an EP, ergo(@Slushy) the priest needs enough time to get 10% dmg. The solution: increase the health of the chest proportional to something.

I don’t think you understand, scaling the health won’t do anything. It will take longer to kill - yes, but the chances will stay the same, since the ep character is constantly outputting the same amount of damage. at the end, the staff class would still have, say, 60% damage and the priest would still have 5% (or however much it would be, these are just examples)

Priest, like all the other classes has a downside to playing it. If priest did a lot of damage and was easy to get loot with, it would be overpowered. It excels at almost everything else except doing damage and getting soulbound.
It has high survivability, longest ranged weapon and the ability to support other classes and help them survive by healing.

I can’t give you much advice on getting loot, if you want easy loot then you probably shouldn’t have made a 0/8 priest but if you can max the guy up getting loot will become a lot better and you can do some crazy stuff with priest if you manage to get a prot or something.

Yeah that’s pretty much the point of priest, it’s a support class. It can’t pump out as much damage, and that’s were it suffers, but it can stay alive and help others do so. I’d say it’s almost balanced, but they could sure improve wand damage a bit and nerf the prot. Prot is like doom bow at this point, any priest worth something has one, and quite honestly, shits’ broken. Practically god-mode, especially if combo’d with a good pet.

A chest has 9k hp.

The EP does 5k damage. The priest does 1k damage. The rest of them do 4k damage.

Provided that everyone has the same damage output as before(the EP character is constantly outputting the same damage, yes, but the priest is too), and the chests health is buffed to 10k, the priest does 1k still, which is 10% of 10k, meaning that it can qualify for sb.

Hold on, the priest will do MORE than 1k, since it takes longer to kill the chest, and as such, the EP char will ALSO do more than 5k damage meaning the priest doesn’t have sb

I fucked up my calcs.

Happens :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn Ive done 100 bellas on my priest and I have gotten about 20 life potions.

Its all RNG, its not about the group size as long as you get soulbound damage.

Because it’s
a) satisfying to hear the noise and see that damage block
b) satisfies your mind: people think that they get in the sb threshold “for sure” this way.

Exactly.

The EP serves as a placebo. That’s the word I was looking for the entire time!

Priest isn’t SUPPOSED to get loot. Just shoot the best you can, you always qualify for SB because there’s a chest. It’s just bad luck.