How to Merch!

Merching is generally a very, very, very, bad way of playing, because it’s like going to work. Literally. But some idiots still find it fun, others play and merch in a mix. There are 3 main types of merching:
A. Hardcore merching
B.Max Merching
C.Simple Merching

A. Hard Core merching
This is the most difficult and sequentially most boring type of merching. This is type where one posts ridiculous offers on realmeye, and makes a spam bot or just control v in the uswest3 Nexus with an equally insanely stupid offer. Hard core merching generally works with items that are expensive. I’ve done this before, and made it from 2 Dias to 18 good sts and 4 full top sets in 3 months. It’s quite effective, but again boring. People will commit to this if they run out of characters, and starting this type of merching is the most difficult part. But I have a few laws and tips to help.

1. Assumed pricing
    When doing hardcore merching, ONLY go off your own price. It doesn’t matter what others call you or tell you.
    2.Net and secure Profit
    Always trade items for NET PROFIT if your assumed prices are the same. Also, you want more secure profit, so trade items for others that are worth the same assumed price, but have a lower difference in your buy/sell assumed price.

B.Max Merching
Most players will actually do this once in while. Max merching is merching for the purpose of maxing a char. People who do this likely won’t post on realmeye, but do spam in uswest3. Deals with lower pots in general (spds, dex,wis,vit,def,att) but I have some laws, still.

1.Pure Pots
You are aiming to max, so obviously you need pure pots you can actually drink. You may or may not sell items a little cheaper!

2.Storage Law
Again, you are aiming to max, so you may or may not need space. Instead of going through the hassle of making a mule, just buy a life pot or something.

3.Conversion law
Let’s say you want to max def, and you in consists of 3 frostbites, ideally selling for 3-4 def each. Conversion just says you may want to trade a couple for a life, then sell the life for pure defs being more effective than selling the item itself.

C.Simple Merching
This is almost the opposite of Max Merching, strategy wise. During Simple Merching, you likely have great chars with lots of base fame, and have plenty of leeway in terms of error. Simple merching is when someone post on realmeye for this purpose. In Simple Merching, you goal is to fortify your characters, so that if they die you can easily remax in less than a day. There aren’t many rules that I follow, other than the fact that this is rather slow. Again, the main purpose of this is to basically keep you from quitting or lose all your stuff.

1.Storage by ST
If you a good prod account, you likely won’t keep a shit load pure rainbows and defs in your vault. Instead you might like 20 pixies. By far, st items are the best storage. All of these items will range from 6-7 life, the lowest percent difference in the market. Another great storage item is the ubhp, around 4 life or 3. Here is the list of acceptable storage items:
Etherite Dagger
Ancient spell:pierce
Pixie Enchanted sword
Staff of the rising sun
Shendyt of geb

2.+1 law
Always, always post an offer to sell you storage items for 1-2 life more than you bought it for, and buy them for 5-6 life. It’s quite slow, but because u might be doing something else like closing a realm, then someone pms you u can tell yourself, oh boy I just made 2 life!

Many people will disagree with me, but I really encourage you to try following these laws, you will be surprised. But again, merching is generally bad as a meta.

Should be moved to guides.

This seems more like a basic trading. When i read merching, i thought you were implying using buying and selling to make money, b/c for that, there are so many different methods.

I don’t really see the purpose of this guide. You don’t really say anything helpful. It is more of an attack on merchers. Why tell people the different kinds of merching and put them into categories, when someone who is interested in merching will often not fall into any of one these. So again, what was the purpose of this, other than a poorly-disguised, slanderous rant about merchers?

Yeah, I too, was confused when he started talking about how it’s a

very, very, very, bad way of playing

Like what the hell man? No one likes someone that looks over their shoulder and tells them how to play.

Damn right. If I want to merch so that I can buy everything on your account 10x over, that’s my business. Let me do it in peace. I’m supplying you with items, stable prices, and trades that are not scams. How can you say what I’m doing is bad?

I was offering more of different hopes of merching. To e merching is defined as any trading in the form to directly improve you account(s)

Well because, uhhh, you aren’t really playing

How so? Someone who is merching is still playing the game.

They miss the main part. Sure, deca, wildshadow, and Kabam built trading and a safe Nexus, but they also made dungeons, event bosses, multiple realms, quests, monsters, etc for a reason, and I guarantee that was the very first part of the game, and it’s not meant to be ignored. As a former hard core mercher, I realized how stupid I was, I didn’t know what whitebags were until half a year ago, and I feel like I wasted my time.

How can you assume that I am missing part of the game? When I rip, merching lets me max another 8/8 character the same day. Can you do that? I still hunt for UTs/do tombs/run shatters/do all the same stuff you do. If anything, you are missing out on merching, a fundamental aspect of the game.

So you are not a hard core mercher, you are more a simple mercher which is ok.

he is actually more of a hardcore mercher

If you think that merching is

then why are you making a guide about it?

LOL.

I would consider myself a hardcore mercher. I think that most people who know me in game would agree. I think your definition is just flawed.

Personally:

• Most of what I have gained in-game is from merching (UTs aside)
  • I have a strong working knowledge of prices for almost every item
  • I am always on the lookout for a good deal
  • Merching takes up a lot of my time in-game
  • I spend a lot of time on USW3
  • I actively post/search offers on realmeye
  • I have more than 50 offers on realmeye at a time
  • I use mules.

I would consider that hardcore merching. I think your definitely is just extremely biased against merchers and aims to tag them as people that don’t play the game, but just sit around trading. This is primarily not true. I merch so that I can play the game. It’s about having the right gear, the best gear, at all times. It’s about being able to max multiple characters. It’s about not wasting a month maxing a single character.

If anything, NOT merching seems like a waste of time to me. I mean if you think doing a ppe or npe or just not merching in general is fun, then by all means, you do you. I’m not here to tell you that you are wrong or that you can’t do it your way. It just seems like a waste of time to achieving something over the course of several months that a mercher could do in a few days. Why spend a month maxing a character via farming, when a mercher could do it in one day, and then spend the rest of the month hunting for UTs? Merching is simply making efficient use of your time.

Like I said, if you think it’s fun, you do you. Just don’t attack other people, because they play the game in a different way than you.

i consider myself a hardcore mercher, but i dont do these… lol[quote=“IAmShurima, post:14, topic:4676”]
I have a strong working knowledge of prices for almost every item
[/quote]

My point was that I think I am one of the most hardcore merchers out there. I mean how many people besides me keep track of what they buy and sell stuff for?

For what it is worth, you are a pretty hardcore mercher too xD

oh… ill show you a pic one day. of the memories of my old trades.

but rn i screenshot every trade.

I think we are in the minority on that one though.

amen bro

Can personally vouch for dread. Great advice, he helped me get started merching.