How to Merch!

I mean, I would merch, but my timezone and my patience don’t allow me to merch. My prices are ye old ones, I don’t keep up with the market. I once bought and sold life at a constant 8 def, even though life to def is much more different >.>

I just have a store of value from friends and etc who gave me stuff. And my trading(not merching) for items.

Like I said, to each their own. I just don’t think it is fair to call out one particular play style as “a very, very, very, very, bad way of playing.”

To be fair, playing with hacks is a ‘very very very bad way of playing’ but that’s a different discussion somewhere else on tre forums

Yeah i thought of that right after I posted, but figured that game breaking didn’t really count as a play style.

Reason why merching is not boring :poop:: You just put offers on realmeye, play the game and wait for someone to pm you saying they want to buy your offers!

still boring…

reasons

• 50% cant read, they read the offer wrong
  • 50% cant read “usw keys”
  • 50% bring the wrong amount
  • 50% complain about the price
  • 50% take 3minutes show up
  • 50% cant wait for you to finish the abyss, so you rarely finish dungeons

can you even math bro?

Do you even know how many people think USW keys means go to USW3 keys? It happens about 15 times a day.

really?..

ive never had that happen…

Every day.

So do I that’s my best server…

so do I…

So am I I’m cheap…

So do I I’m poor

So do some scammers LOL

And yet I’m not a “hardcore” mercher or even a mercher at all for that matter.

What is a pure pot? What is an unpure pot?

If I say I want DEF for a trade that does not mean I will take anything else that may be worth a DEF. Say what you want. People are going to try to trade you for what ever they want to anyways. I will ignore those people right away, you know /ignore “dumass”.

You are missing the key ingredient. [quote=“IAmShurima, post:14, topic:4676”]
Most of what I have gained in-game is from merching (UTs aside)
[/quote]

However tbh I’m sure if you had spent the time merching actually playing the game… you would have more stars, be more skilled, and probably be richer too.

If you want to merch so bad, and you also don’t like people telling you what to do, then why are you commenting your hate on this? If you don’t like it then leave. Why do you have to put down someone else’s idea just because you disagree with it.

This post generally insulted people who merch, a fundamental mechanic of RotMG. If someone disagrees that merchers are idiots for enjoying what they do, then they have all right to do so. This is why criticism even exists. Surrounding yourself with yes men just doesn’t help.

If he disagrees with the OP’s remark, then he is allowed to try to refute it. IAmShurima by all means should and is able to defend himself from an insult.

Now, in the above quote, DreadDrake literally calls people who enjoy trading idiots, and looks down upon it, which shouldn’t be happening. Like you said, everyone should be able to play the game how they want to, as long as it follows the rules.

An analogy to this post would be the following:

You’re in a restaurant, happily munching down your pasta, when someone goes up to you and says, “Wow, you’re eating your pasta with a fork? If you actually enjoy using that then you’re an idiot. It’s an extremely bad way to eat pasta.” Of course, you’ll disagree, as forks are part of the dining tools you are provided with. You are a hardcore fork user, and eat a majority of your food with a fork, but sometimes use other utensils, and know fully well how to use them.

This isn’t a valid argument. In fact, you’re not even touching the argument at all, just saying that he’s wrong by trying to force him out of the equation. It’s flat out Ergo Decedo, therefore it’s invalid.

I concede defeat, well said.

Well. People can’t tell the differences between AsiaSouthEast(ASE) and AsiaEast (AE) and think that ASiaEast is (ASE)

Okay maybe I’m clueless but I am pretty damn certain this isn’t true. I can start a ppe that cost 0 def and end it with over 10 life gained. What can you merch starting with 0 def?

Also besides that point, I still think that’s very incorrect. I don’t think you realize how wealthy a lot of people are. I’m not even that wealthy atm but I am almost positive that [quote=“MrLoaf, post:41, topic:4676”]
in a single day
[/quote]

you can’t get close to 1/10th of the wealth I have achieved [quote=“MrLoaf, post:41, topic:4676”]
in [my] entire realm career.
[/quote]

Give some actual numbers for once and then we’ll see :wink:

That happens all the time and just URRRRRGGRGRG