How to not lose interest?

Well, it’s finally come. And I never thought this would happen. I’m getting bored of playing RotMG. I’ve been doing the same things over and over for over 5 years now across multiple accounts (Oldest active account is Pixlxu). I’ve mastered mostly everything, except maybe solo shatters (which is just a grind and too time consuming). I have 4 white star accounts and 3 yellow star accounts. Now all I do is fame farm since that’s all that is left in the game that I haven’t done much of.

Is this the end? Is there anything to help me not lose interest? Please help! Any advice to slow this process down would be appreciated!

Making a Youtube channel and playing with friends have been strategies that I have tried.

Take a break.
Three months in, you’ll think Oh, maybe I should check on realm again, see where the game has gone.

Then you’ll likely be back in a vicious cycle of addiction.

I’m sure you have other hobbies or things to do… I recall your “cannedsoup” account being orange star and lamenting about Kabam in guild chat(I’m 99% sure it was you. realmeye says it was as well) a few years back; I highly doubt you’ll get bored of the game and simply drop it, never to come back.

Whatever the case, have fun… don’t be desperate to cling to realm merely because it’s realm; you’ll find another “realm” soon enough if coming back fails to engage your interest once more.

You should make a guild and try to get it to top 10. It’s fun to manage and grow a guild, and it takes a ton of work too, which will keep you occupied. On the way you will make new friends and hopefully revitalize your desire to play the game.

Try an npe; the game really changes without pets.

Indeed, I think that’s the best think you could do. I’ve already had this problem on another game, and growing a huge guild ended up taking 100% of my gaming time on this game. I really loved it, it’s another kind of experience.

Just leave and try another game for sometime, after a month when you come back you will realize all the things that are boring I realm are fun again. It happening to me with my old game Star Wars: The Old Republic.

If you get bored come to the forums more!! :slight_smile:

Besides playing the game under the effect of various narcotics, you could try playing the game without a pet.

Max level 1 characters 8/8

Bored of playing the game? Then make some guides about stuff like dungeons to help the noobs. That’s what talwar pretty much did to stay on realm when he quit playing for awhile.

:slight_smile: I’ve started to do so. :slight_smile:

Also, I’m pretty sure you may have confused me with someone else. There have been a couple people with names similar to mine. I’ve never disliked Kabam enough to start complaining in guild chat.

well I know for sure that you weren’t someone else; ctrl + F “cannedsoup” brings you up, while “ponop” brings me up.
https://www.realmeye.com/former-members-of-guild/Honorable

But you’re right in that it may have been another member of that old guild that was complaining.

edit: holy crap, that was three years ago. How do I still remember old guildies when I can’t even remember my physics equations for class? :sweat:

No idea, I don’t remember you at all sorry :frowning:

It may have been one of my friends/brother then.