Item Idea (Quake Quiver)

This is my first post so, yeah, feel free to critisise or insult all you want :slight_smile: (Also first spriting attempt)

####Stats:
The quiver weighs adventurers down, but it seems powerful enough to slaughter multiple enemies with one blow.

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 110
  • Damage: 900-1050 (975 avg.)
  • Projectile speed: 10 tiles per second (or just 10)
  • Cooldown: 3 seconds
  • Range: 8 tiles
  • Stat Bonus: +4 dex +4 wis -5 spd
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies (not obstacles/terrain/solid walls)
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 450

####Drops From:

• Septavius the ghost god (Undead Lair)

#And that’s it! Anything I missed?
##EDIT
Nerfed, thanks @Trofimowen and @UnicornSla for tips

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]
New Quiver Idea! [Quiver of Clouds]

so basically a dbow that stuns and shots futher as the ability?

nice sprites![quote=“Orsome, post:1, topic:3218”]
terrain
[/quote]

umm? [quote=“Orsome, post:1, topic:3218”]

• Feed Power: 350
    [/quote]

a bit low…[quote=“Orsome, post:1, topic:3218”]
MP Cost: 110
[/quote]

should be higher for that insane dmg, but quiver was never meant for dmg, it was meant to para, actually idk, b/c shuriken isnt that high mana.[quote=“Orsome, post:1, topic:3218”]

• Cooldown: 2 seconds
    [/quote]

good having a cooldown. [quote=“Orsome, post:1, topic:3218”]
insult all you want
[/quote]

lol

The damage is meant to be high because of mana cost, it nerfs the ability to just spam along with cooldown :smile:

How long does the paralyze last?

Also, it is not a really good idea to add 2 rare whites to one boss, as you could be farming for one rare white (dbow) and get this quiver that the person was not farming for

cough ctrap cough

Although that is a good point to be honest everyone already cries at OTs.

Also duration is mentioned in my post. Paralyze lasts 3 seconds.

No offense to you, but this is a really weak argument. The chances you get a DBow would be the same as beforehand. Besides, getting something is better than getting nothing.

nvm, I see the logic in that my bad

sooo, something you guys may have missed

this is more powerful than dcircle and also inflicts paralyze? AND it pierces?
cooldown or not, that’s insane. especially for only 110 mp.
I would remove the paralyze, the enemy piercing, or BOTH.

nice sprite though, 10/10.

well i semi mentioned it

OP as hell.

Make it a really slow projectile, lower the range to 5, remove piercing from obstacles and terrain, bump cooldown to 2.5 seconds, make paralyze last 0.5 seconds, give it slow of 1 second.

And boom, your quiver becomes decently balanced.

I’ve increased cool down time to 3, erased terrain and obstacle piercing, and slowed projectile speed but range will be 7 and paralyse 1 second with slowness of 1.5 seconds, how does that sound?

Seems balanced-ish.

Personally i think the quiver should focus on high DPS. low range, and little debuffs, as it would be a nice niche that would give you a slight DPS buff, especially if all you have is that one moment to fire off a quiver and dbow shot. Hence, why i gave those stats.

You need to find the right balance between trying to make the item not OP, but also actually useful.

Just had an idea, should I knock down the damage and instead inflict curse and slow without paralyse? As you said, it would give higher DPS and make it more situational than just a double d-bow shot with extra damage. Because then it would help soloing archers to deal more damage, thus eliminating enemies quicker.

The curse and slow is a really nice idea! It’s more unique than paralyze and knocking down the damage with it will balance it

Thanks :slight_smile: I personally think slow would be a nice concept, paralyse in LOD for example sucks for Nikao (Blue dragon) because more shots are going backwards when it’s rushing towards you meaning less shots to dodge, also the lower tier quivers slow but for less damage, so this would be like a direct upgrade from those with slow instead of paralyse :sunglasses:

How about you don’t steal mechanics from other classes just to make your item have a niche, that a be great.

I wasn’t stealing mechanics…?

Unless you mean I’m trying to make a quiver into a damaging orb, because no.