Knight Shield: Demolitioner's Shield

###Too hot!!! too hot to handle!!! :wink:

Have you ever think of deflecting or Destroying enemy projectiles? Or same as my Bright Crystal Shield. Let me know in the comments.

###Demolitioner’s Shield

Some say this was crafted before he died. Some say this was made out of Shaitan’s head.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 3
  • MP Cost: 90
  • Cooldown: 1 second
  • Range: 4.5
  • Stat Bonus: +10 def, + 3 vit, + 2 spd, + 1 att
  • Special properties: destroy’s enemy projectiles
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 900
  • Damage: 200-400

####Drops From:

So… Is my Idea worse than the crystal shield or It’s okay?

Drop rate chance: It’s 1 over 400 Shaitans.

People are probability gonna complain about this part but a reminder that a jugg can serve the same purpose. (except for piercing shots)

That could be a good idea, but with a higher cooldown and mana cost : if spammed, with for example 2 knights wearing one, no projectiles could ever go to people, and so the game would be broken.

Uhuh. I feel like if you are fighting projectiles with projectiles, you are going to have a bad time. It will be inconsistent. People won’t be able to tell when exactly you are stopping projectiles, and when you are not. From the perspective of the people playing with the knight that had the shield, their play style would be very… reactionary. They would react when the knight tried to use their projectile to stop projectiles. They would react if the knight blocked them. They would react if the knight missed and the projectiles came through. We don’t need reactionary items. We need items that you can predict what will happen 95-99% of the time and adjust accordingly. I would much rather see something that made the knight’s hit box wider and reduced the damage he took significantly. Something that could be up for multiple seconds so that it would provide several seconds of cover instead of blocking a single volley or projectile. Something that could let people plan out their next move. I think the whole destroys enemy projectiles thing by hitting them with your own projectile is too sporadic.

Does this mean it doesn’t stun? Are the shield shots destroyed by enemy projectiles? If not that seems quite powerful.

One idea may be to give it a slow projectile speed and long lifetime? As to make it function like an actual shield. Although, that makes it much easier to use, I think I prefer it as it is, as a shield that requires some skill to wield.

Compared to your crystal shield the idea seems more plausible, destroying bullets would likely be easier to implement than deflecting them.

actually that would be easier, it would stay there for longer, thus providing a better projectile. Faster would just be a “cancel bullets”. Slow = “Wall”

I realise that would make it easier to use. Personally I think I prefer it as it is as a shield that requires some skill to use.

I probably could have worded that differently.

Good luck coding this in without a trillion bugs.

No damage stat?

lel I forgot… Le me edit…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.