Mark of the Restless Spirit - New Ring and Effect

Okay, this idea is very interesting. I like the new status effect, but it is a bit OP if there are a lot of weak enemies around. Maybe just a longer timer but the timer doesn’t reset? Make the stat bonuses less dramatic, as -80 HP is pretty bad, but 7 atk and dex is insane. Maybe -20 HP and 2 atk and dex.

not really, it only means that you’ll live longer, and after all the minions are dead, you will be too.
Besides, you should remember that you can’t uses consumables when Damned, so spamming abilities is not possible either (unless you have a pet, but that’s another story)

How about -60 HP, +7 Atk, +7 Dex?

I think that you should use the name Mark of the Damned but give it a new… um i dont remember what it is called but like the sub title in small print

Yeah that one looks less like an expo, but if you have a better sprite idea you should definitely use that. And if it’s a ring shouldn’t have an open part in the middle where you can put your finger in? Or if you wanted it to be like an amulet make a string to go around your neck.

So what is the point of this item? Like seriously, there is no reason to ever use it.

Maybe if you’re sacrificing a character for fame gain it could be worth it but besides that it’s pointless.

You can use it when doing a chest, breaking crystals, or anything that requires dps. You can also use it to buy some time for you friends if you are doing private dungeons and you know none of you can do it without someone making a sacrifice. Or you can just use it for fun and suicide, then try to see how long you can reset the timer without dying.

but what if u enter a portal while with th eeffect?

Well, actually i tought this will be more like a tattoo or a mark, rather that a ring.

In ring terms, this one gives more DPS that a crown but with a -60 HP penalty, so that already puts him into consideration
And the effect make it stand out of the rest of ring, like the Amulet of zombification in the old times used to stand out.

If you enter a portal, you still going to died, same thing if you nexus.

Maybe i’ll stick with the second name, but i still need to make a better sprite.
As for the sub-title, how about this?:
i’m not ready to leave this world, not until everyone of them is death, that is my curse…

Maybe latrer, for now this is the official sprite

By the way ,the official name is going to be “Mark of the Restless Spirit”

I like it!

Is it okay if I try to make a new sprite and see if you like it?

Ehhh so in other words it will make getting soulbound damage in on things that get steamrolled even harder for the people who don’t have it.

Please do, i’ll really aprecciate that!

It’s already hard as it is, so f*ck it, besides not much people will used it because of:

A-It drops from Kage Kami, so it’s hard to get
B-It has -60 HP, something that makes people back out immediately after reading it

I don’t understand the big fuss over the damned effect.

It is just a gimmick. It’s pretty obvious throughout. It isn’t supposed to be a groundbreaking mechanic.

it really isn’t, it’s just a fun mechanic that makes co-op play something more present, and revives (pun intended) the old times of the amulet of resurrection.

+7 atk and +7 dex is dramatic
take my suggestion

1. What happens if you nexus

2. With the cheater robe, level 1, and this ring, you will die in the nexus (or something, idk)

3. What happens if you heal?

Your character will instally die, like when you nexus and die at the same time (that happends to me alot)

The cheater robe doesn’t kill , so the effect will not be triggered

It’s like trying to heal with the “Sick” effect, it doesn’t work, but since you no longer have HP, it doesn’t matter

No the fact is that with the cheater robe and this, you will have -160 hp with 100 hp.

The effect of the cheater robe overlaps the stast of the “ring”, still this shouldn’t be a problem, since the cheater robe,armor and ligth armor are just some vanity object, so not much people have it.

Kage Kami’s are easy to kill+they are common

Don’t mention ents/liches.