"Mysterious lag"[solved]

• Computer Operating System Windows 10
  • Where you play: Flash Player Projector 18

I am suddenly getting massive input lag and fps drops without seeing any possible reason for this (I didnt have any other program running in the background). Yesterday everything was just normal and I didnt change anything. I also realized that my cpu usuage and my memory werent even close to 100% while I was lagging. Are there any solutions for this problem?

Lag and Black Tiling on Mac

Computer Specs?

Flash Projector Version? I recommend 18 SE, that is 18.0.0.382

Server?

Home Server?

server is eun2, but I dont see how that would help with fps drops
flash projector 18.0 r0
computer specs:

O, forgot something, my computer crashed yesterday evening. (ofc I tried to solve my problem by restarting, but it didnt work)

i dont see how that would help with fps drops

Different servers are based on different locations, if you live in the US, you shouldn’t be playing on an Asia server unless you like dealing with lag

First thing I would do is download 18.0.0.382, should help a bit. Next, make sure you play on your “best server” for the best latency possible. Your laptop specs are pretty bad actually, I think your CPU is holding you back, especially since rotmg is a cpu intensive game and it uses more of cpu power than gpu. Another thing that helps alot is setting your flash projector priority to “high” in windows (I assume thats your OS since you crashed yesterday - lul). I mean other than lowering the few ingame settings and using decamenu to improve your experience, you can’t do much.

If you want I can cook up a Sub 300 dollar “Rotmg computer” on pcpartpicker that you can build.

Thanks for your effort.

link? [quote=“Evil, post:5, topic:5243”]
Next, make sure you play on your “best server” for the best latency possible.
[/quote]

No problems with the connection, eun2 is my best server anyways

how?

Yesterday (and the days before) everything worked fine, with almost no fps drops and no input lag at all[quote=“Evil, post:5, topic:5243”]
I mean other than lowering the few ingame settings and using decamenu to improve your experience
[/quote]

Already doing that.

Is it the same issue when you try to play on browser? Try clearing your cache or something, idk.

Ok, try the clear cache thing if you haven’t already.

Yes, cleared browser cache, didnt help.

I pulled this off of some site, but It looks about right:

Open the application for which you want to change the processor priority level.

Type “task manager” and click on Task Manager on the Start screen.

Click on More details if the window is not in expanded form.

Navigate to processes tab, right click on the application and click on Go to details.

In the Details tab, right click on the already highlighted name of the application for the process from step 4, click/tap on Set priority, and click/tap on the priority level you want to run this application or process in.

Click/tap on Change Priority to apply.

Repeat steps 4 to 6 above for any other applications or processes you wish to change the priority level of.

Close the Task Manager window.

Oh and the link for the flash projector 18.0.0.382 should be under the archived versions, when you go to the flash projecor page for older versions

Just scroll down and it should be there

thanks didnt help tho.

The main problem is that previously, it was fine and now, out of nowhere, my computer seems to be a lot slower.

Close any and all other programs, INCLUDING skype, chrome, etc when you’re playing rotmg.

it was fine now, and out of nowhere my pc seems to be alot slower

You’re leading me to believe you either:
a) have someone hogging the bandwidth from your provider - Is some other family member streaming netflix?

or

b) you have some virus that has slowed your computer down significantly. I would run some scans and restart your computer.

Could you please do me a little favor?

Diagnose System Issues
STEP 1: Click the Start menu and search this: perfmon /report (with space between perfmon and /). Press [Enter].
STEP 2: You may have to wait a little while, but after the diagnoses…
STEP 3: You will see where your computer is having problems/weak areas.
STEP 4: Use the information provided so you have an idea of what’s going on.

This is what the command should lead you to:

Please post a screenshot of your results.

c) corrupted windows installation. He said, I quote “O, forgot something, my computer crashed yesterday evening. (ofc I tried to solve my problem by restarting, but it didnt work)”.

everyone says there had bad lag, but somehow, the worst ive seen is the occasional dc.

Problem disappeared. (no idea why)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.