Need help [character keeps moving when move key released]

So when I am playing realm, I’ll be moving and trying to dodge and sometimes my keys will get stuck and I will keep moving in the same direction for a couple seconds (which in realm is gut wrenching) I have almost lost a couple chars to this please help before I actually lose one ._.

Nothing we can help you solve clientside

Try to clean your keyboard, use a swab, if it doesn’t work just purchase a new keyboard.

oh okay… thanks my dude.

Are you using a PC, Laptop, or Mac?

Laptop

It might also be input lag

that is certainly a possibility, however OP said:

my keys will get stuck

So I’m assuming that his keyboard keys are physically getting stuck

no, not the keys themselves I am talking like I will press ‘W’ for a little, let go and try to move side to side and it’ll still have me moving forward. (this laptop Is very new)

Keyboard lock.

When this happens either hold one of the keys corresponding to the direction that you are moving in. Either that or you have selected outside the window. Re-select the window that ROTMG is running in.

Then its probabaly input lag. Try playing rotmg with flash projector or a different browser.

Yup, I tried rotmg on my phone yesterday and that’s the epitome of input lag right there.

You said your laptop is new. What are the specs and.ehat are you playing on right now (browser, steam etc. )?

From my experience it is different for everyone on which works the best.

Just curious, are you playing on steam? This happens to me on steam and steam only, so you might wanna try flash player if that’s the case.

u can try pressing o and o again if its an input error, o and exit or force quit if its keyboard malfunction

it happens to me when i use ie

I know what you mean. This is a game bug that happens to everyone sometimes. There’s only one way to fix it. Let’s assume, for this example, you’re stuck moving left (west) even though you’re not touching any keys. You need to hold down the W key for a brief moment. Then, you can either switch to the S key to move back to the right, or let go. It will be fixed. You just need to hit the key of the direction you’re moving for a second.

one way to fix this is, lets say you are moving left. just press left key and you should be fine.

I get this when playing on steam. You press A, walk left, let go of A, then keep walking left for sometimes up to a full second. It’s really shitty. It’s why you should play in a flash projector instead.

I played in a browser for a long time and died several times with ‘sticky keys’. Just press the stuck key once or twice and it fixes the problem. Usually in time, but occasionally not.

As said several times now; the only fix is play in projector. I’ve never had the problem since going to v18.

another solution (oh yeah bump), is to just double tap the key that is stuck