New Huntress Trap - Trap of Burning Desire

dps for the most part, only used when the paralyze either wasnt necessary or not as wanted as the damage

just a bit big sry lol

then reduce the cooldown to 7, and make the daze like only 3-5 secs

what daze lol you mean the curse? the curse is 2.5 seconds

Instead of changing the cooldown, I will change the curse to 3.5 seconds, which should balance it out nicely

also, private message me about the sprite making. dont wanna spam this chat lol

The trap looks like a crab

I know :joy: I thought that a lot too while making it, but i couldnt seem to find a way to change that other than the current “main” sprite.

We need tiered traps to be useful again. They’re useless. T0 overcomes the other tiered traps.

it would also remove what makes the archer unique

and this post isnt about tiered traps. if you wish to make a post about tiered traps being buffed, there is several out there or you could make one yourself

He was talking about the differences between archer/huntress. I was just mentioning the issue, jeez.

the tiered traps dont really have much to do with the difference between the two. either way, its quite a bit off topic, considering he was just discussing the other effects possible for the UT and not the two classes tiered quivers/traps. not to flame tho i understand why you said it, but its a bit unnecessary

That’s a nice sprite.

As for the Item I have a question, does the curse apply before or after the damage is done. It has a rather high MP cost for a trap, +50 MP from coral trap. I would urge you to be careful when using Curse, especially on bow classes; for weapons with a high damage (eg. doom bow) curse is much stronger than Armor break. If you think about it Armor break can give a max damage boost that is the same as the monsters defence, basically no more than +100 Damage per shot, whereas curse scales proportionately to the weapons dmage, with no limit, on a Doom Bow that is +125 damage, without taking into account atk.

I have made a graph in PFiffel DPS which compares status effects on Doom Bow.

Black: DBow
Red: DBow + Armor Break (simulated with armor pierce)
Blue: DBow + Curse

So this graph shows that Curse on bow classes with a DBow is much more powerful than armor break. You are also giving mystics special effect to a different class, taking more players away from mystic, although I guess you are giving reason to play Huntress in return.

also mystic is underusede

also he said that he wanted this trap to be more dps oriented than situational

Yes mystic is underused, and this would only add to the problem.

As for it being DPS oriented I ask, did you read the start of my post? Did I say the OP should remove the curse, no, I simply urged him to be careful in balancing it.

@Selimmm

Welcome to the forums!
Have a cookie m8

why did you @ me?

The new one’s look quite noice, i was actually implying that you put in a mix of blue AND red on the trap, like maybe at the bottom of the flames/trap

Regarding whether or not the curse would activate before or after the damage, it definitely would activate after (otherwise the damage output would be quite a bit too high). And I appreciate the dps graph, because that helps to understand just how much extra dps you would most likely be doing with this. I think that, knowing that, the curse is fine at 3.5 seconds because if the curse itself is only 3.5 seconds out of the 7.5 second cooldown, it would allow for approximately around 1400 extra damage on top of the traps base damage (assuming you hit all shots on a 0 defense target). While this is still a lot, if you miss just one shot most of that extra damage isnt there, and its going to be difficult to hit without the para from the ctrap. Also regarding the high mp cost, its to prevent the ability to paralyze with the ctrap before landing this trap, making this trap easy to hit and the damage output too high afterwards. This trap is intended to be difficult to hit, nerfing itself in its own way but making it more fun to use and requiring more skill to use, as well as supporting the idea of teamwork in the game so that you could have certain people paralyzing or slowing. ect.
And regarding taking away the already impopular mystics ability, perhaps I should design a new mystic UT next to give it more variability?