New Item Idea (Quiver Of Explosions)

Quiver of Explosions

The arrow would explode when it hits a target instead of piercing. The animation would be the same as the huntress trap.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Range: 10
  • Stat Bonus: +5 ATK
  • Special properties: Explodes on impact
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 950
  • Damage to impacted target: 250
  • Damage to targets hit by explosion: 200
  • Radius: 5

####Drops From:

• Either Pyyr the Crimson Dragon and Pyyr the Wicked or Shaitan the Advisor

Would be meant entirely for getting your damage in or for clearing large groups of enemies like in godlands.

Wait a second. So you’re telling me that the arrow shot by the quiver explodes when it hits a target and then hits more targets? Doing 400 damage to all of the other targets.

Man, looks like the wizard is now the shittiest class in the game.

How large would the explosion be? How many tiles? What would the shot look like? What would the explosion shot look like?

Seems a bit much.

Also seems a bit much for only 80 MP.

Damage DEFINITELY needs a nerf.

Darn I got ninja’d.

very op… give it a cooldown about 10-20 secs

incomplete mainly due to the things stated by fundjembe.

also how fast?
how does the explosion work? is it projectiles or just bunch of dmg withint x tiles.

I believe OP means it’s a trap that fires as a quiver.

then why is this a quiver?..

i thought archers were already strong enough, now its just removing some of the niches of traps

also then what does this [quote=“Drakefind, post:1, topic:5919”]
Range: 15
[/quote]

mean if its a hunt trap like

Exactly why we think it’s broken.

The 15 range means the quiver can go up to 15 tiles away, then despawns if it doesn’t hit anything.

Not sure about the burst radius of the “trap”. Incomplete idea.

Really cool concept but the stats are outrageously overpowered. It’s almost a direct upgrade of Assasin poison and with only 80 mana cost I’d say it’s a direct upgrade. Try removing the 500 single target damage and just 400 aoe damage. You also have no radius for the explosion.

Spell bomb does more damage and costs less mp. The wizard is also meant to be a single target dps kinda class, not crowd control (tablet was a failed attempt)

I changed the damage and range. Keep in mind, that the main purpose of the huntress trap is to slow/paralyze. This doesn’t do that. It is just for damage.

note: the 350dmg from ctrap is actually quite a bit, this is just too similar.

It would be better as a trap.

Hmm, I actually like this concept, and I usually look for the idea in the idea, rather than the nitty-gritty aspects of balancing (which I have no idea how to do to be fair lol).

Most of you guys are saying that this is too similar to a trap. From what I get out of this, you shoot an arrow, it hits an enemy, and all enemies within an X radius gets damaged by X. Definitely doesn’t make the spell obsolete as SpinAtk said, because you can’t “spell-bomb” with this. That seems like a trap right? Right?

Nope, because there’s one important detail. It explodes upon impact. Meaning it’s less useful than a trap because you’re not really sure where that impact is going to be.

For a trap, you aim and press spacebar. You need to predict the enemy’s movement, but that’s it.

For this, you’re going to have to account for the fact that:

1. It might hit some random enemy instead of what you were trying to hit and explode prematurely.

2. Some situations might not even let you hit the target you want, namely bosses with lots of minions (i.e. try hitting a Cube God when all the minions are in front of you)

So for that reason, I’m out I think that this isn’t too similar to traps because it’s also faster than the slow lobbing animation.

Go mate go

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.