New Mystic Orb - Mind of The Brainwashed Avian (UPDATED)

MIND OF THE BRAINWASHED AVIAN

Description: This orb was created by the great elder mystics to control birds into doing their own bidding. While it was once used to send messages to far away lands, it was stolen by the great Pirate King Jon Bildgewater and is now used to do wrong across the seas of the realms.

The Orbs Sprite:

(Yes, I am aware this does not look the best that it possibly could. Bird orbs are hard man.)

The Orbs Abilities and Stats:

Tier: UT
Cost: 120 MP
Stasis Duration: 3.5 seconds
Curse Duration (@75 WIS): N/A
Other Effects: Summon (See Summon Category Below)
Stat Bonus: +2 Dex, +20 MP
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 700

Summon: The Orb summons around 4 to 6 parrots (randomly generated) that surround the boss and rain on him with damage, shooting at the nearest thing from their summon point radius of about 4 tiles (they have shots that have 2 range and work like hit scan, so they cannot miss. this gives the overall range from the center of the summon spot 6 tiles in which an enemy can be attacked.) They last for 7.5 seconds, and are summoned at the beginning of the stasis. They fire 5 shots a second, each doing 40-75 damage, with the lowest allowed damage based off of defense being 5-35 per shot. (the shots damage lower normally based off defense until it caps at 25 defense, and anything past that it does 5-35 damage.)

Drop Area:

Deadwater Docks, from Massive Parrot or Jon Bildgewater. I believe that it should drop from here mainly because I based this entire design off the dungeon, but also because I believe that the Deadwater Docks needs another white bag, and that mystic needs another UT as well. Fairly simple, I will probably in the future make a second UT for all of the “Remastered” dungeons (Ddocks, Cdepths, Woodlab) and I even plan on making a “Remastered” snake pit dungeon, because I really enjoy the dungeons and believe they deserve more love.

Balancing:

This orb used to give a self-made effect called Deafen. After much feedback regarding how unusable it was, it has been scrapped and replaced with the summoning of birds (plus this makes more sense with the lore anyway.) The damage these birds do may have to be buffed (or nerfed.) Feedback is much appreciated.

Conclusion:

Im too lazy to write this. Y’all know I love you :heart: All feedback is appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks everyone for reading :smiley:

I dont get what thos has to dowith parrots.

parrots screech, its deafening, basically thats the concept around it

I like the drop location and the sprite

but it’s not a good idea to introduce a new status effect to 1 single item. I have many problems with the status effect as well, it can render bosses in this game harmless and it’s very confusing to where the line of sight will be if the boss shoots in an aoe.

thats very true and i definitely agree, but i really felt that the mystic needed something to set her apart from other characters, and I plan on using deafen on other items that i will create as well (plus, the introduction of new status effects usually is just with 1 new item. for example : curse and stasis is exclusive to orbs). Im not sure how it will work on aoes; perhaps it wont work (which im figuring its pretty easy just to make it so it doesnt work), or perhaps i will change what deafen does. but i like the idea of it, and im not sure if there really is another way to do it other than making it so that aoes dont get affected by it

what about shurima’s masochism?

I concur with @Proasdfase

I like the sprite, the drop location, and theme. I am just not sure if the status effect is fleshed out/solid enough for something like this. It would also be difficult for players to figure out, and sounds like it has room for a lot of bugs/inconsistency as to when it was actually working.

I definitely understand that. Its would for sure be buggy, but i cant seem to find a way around that without losing the core concept of the status effect. Perhaps I should scrap it and come up with something else that would make sense given the parrot ddocks theme?

You would need some in-game visuals to accompany the effects, there is no way I would be able to tell the were a monster was shooting if it had just appeared on my screen.

ahh thats a really good point actually. Ill see if i can come up with a way to make that happen. perhaps a blinking gray almost “light” showing the line of sight? like those armor guys from legend of zelda phantom hourglass lol

Yes it’s a new status effect which I don’t necessarily like, but it’s not as game breaking and confusing as this one.

yeah this one is a bit out there. im probably going to change it up a bit. any ideas? (while keeping the original idea of like parrots and stuff)

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head but it has potential, good sprite and a parrot item is a good concept. Good luck on the change

oh okay and thank you very much :smiley:

I think that new effet is innovative and creative, but couldn’t be added into the game : all opponents in the game should then be reworked, and you know how many there are…

Maybe we could make it apply unstable?

Thats a good point. I wanted to make it so the person just shot randomly in the first place, but that honestly wouldnt be a helpful ability in groups at all (in fact, it would probably kill people)

What do you guys think of perhaps it spawning bird minions that do damage over time, sorta like drakes but like 4 or 5 of them, and they go away after like 5 or 6 seconds? I know its a bit weird for an orb ability, but perhaps there is a way to work that into the concept and make it more orb-like?

That kinda makes sense since orbs banish things into a different plane. It would be like the orb is summoning things from it I guess

How would this work for bosses that shoot in a 360 degree shot pattern? Like Djinns, Tomb Bosses, etc.

This is a good point, and this is why I said it would be easier to apply unstable : in my opinion, it would be easier to code in and better in game to make shots go randomly around instead of making a field of view mecanic.
The only problem I see with unstable is that it might end up making stacked shots (I don’t really know how but I guess it’s still a possibility) or more probably screw up safe spots on bosses like avatar or Bilgewater. The answer to that would be to make them immune to unstable I guess.