New Ninja Ability Idea- The Star of Piercing Cold

Star of Piercing Cold

A Star so cold that Glacius himself fears its piercing cold edge being used against him.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 10
  • When key pressed
  • MP Cost: 95
  • Damage: 650-750 (700)
  • Effect: Slow for 5 secs
  • Stat Bonus: -5 spd, +10 hp, +10 mp
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1100

Drops From:

• Glacius
  • Ice Tomb Chest

Glacius constructed this mighty star out of pure ice. The ice tomb wasen’t always the Ice Tomb as many of you may know, but what you don’t know is that when Geb (Glacius) first tested his new weapon he accedentally froze the tomb giving us the new dungeon Ice Tomb. The star is so powerful and cold that the wearer is slown down, but this can be counter acted by slowing your enemies with the star.

Thanks for reading my idea and I hope you have great feedback for me!

whats with the neglictable stats?[quote=“Davieson, post:1, topic:4636”]

• Special properties: Shots pass through enemies
    [/quote]

not sure about those two added together :confused: they feel too odd together since there is no star with them both

The neglictable spd stat is to emphasize how “cold” the star is. I can see why it would be an issue and overall it is a dumb idea. As for the piercing and slowing effect i atleast wanna have one of those effects maybe just the slowing effect. Thanks for the input.

i like that, but in game you wont notice it, especially with the speed of a ninja.

Maybe I should either scratch the idea of lowered spd, or make a more noticeable stat decrease. Once again thx for the input.

You didnt even give a damage value.

OMG thx for letting me know XD ill fix that rn

Personally, I feel like the debuff is kinda obsolete when compared to the Midnight star. Unlike the quiver, it doesn’t have a gimmick to make it stand out above all the other stars (other than slow which is again not as useful as paralyze). Maybe change the debuff to something like weaken. It would match the theme of the bosses shooting weaken shots and it can be tied to all of the bosses. This also adds a new effect to enemies allowing it to stand out above all of the other abilities.

The star has the slowing effect because its is an ice star. If it is not slow then it removes the purpose for what im going for, but thx for the input

There are some instances where slow is more useful than paralyse. For example, in LoDs, red enemies in the shatters, interno + blizzard, twilight archmage etc.

@Davieson
I like this idea, the sprite is nice and it seems well balanced.

side note: isn’t the average of 650-750 700? not 705?

Thank you so much for the nice reply! I honestly didn’t do the math for the average i just thought of something on the spot :joy:

So thx for the average ill change that now

I agree with @Fog, comparing this to midnight star there isn’t much reason to use this. 5 seconds of slow on a single target will extremely rarely be more useful than a 4 paralyze.

Well what would you have in mind? Im open to any idea that doesnt stray to far away from the original idea which is a star that is icey and slows. Maybe i could increase the time of the slow, or make it pierce?

I think if it didn’t give speedy it would be more interesting

I just removed speedy because that is an amazing idea. Thanks for the imput

so… does nothing happen when you hold the key now?..

Yes it currently has no effect when space is held down.

How about the longer you hold space bar the stronger the star gets?

To a max amount like after 5 secs it gets maxed out