New Orb (Orb of Isolation)

##Orb of Isolation

Set in a dark, dazzling sapphire, this orb reminds its foes of the ruination of true seclusion.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 95
  • Cooldown: 6.5 seconds
  • Effects:
    ~Stasis Radius: 6.5 sqrs
    ~Stasis Duration: 4.5 seconds
    ~Curse Radius: 2.5 sqrs
    ~Curse Duration: 4.5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEX, +2 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 650
  • Feed Power: 5%

This is somewhat different from an orb a mystic would use because you may be thinking…

Why is the curse radius so small in comparison to the stasis, and why are they both the same duration???

Well let me explain, basically, there will be a annulus (imagine a donut’s area) created by the orb, one where the outside of the figure will be the stasis and the inside of the figure will be the curse radius. Therefore no one within the middle of the orb activation will be stasis, effectively isolating a target or targets from other nearby targets and can prove to help the mystic control the battlefield further.

Here is an image for those who don’t like reading too much or was confused by the explanation:

####Drops From:

Again it is very appreciated to have suggestions to the whereabouts of this item (even a new dungeon perhaps??).

This item was made from the idea of the mystic being able to constantly control the enemies she faces, hence the thought of her being able to single out an enemy she wishes to isolate.

Opinions, comments, criticism and suggestions (good or bad) to this item will be greatly appreciated.

This mechanic would make the curse useless - it’s enveloped inside the stasis range, and lasts just as long as the stasis.

Thanks for showing your concern Derpypers!!!

Sorry if it wasn’t really explained so thoroughly,

Basically the stasis is a donut, and the inside of the donut is the curse, so the stasis won’t touch the radius of the curse.

I edited the diagram so it might be clearer

The Sprite looks alright, I kinda like it.

Stats are organized, stat bonuses are ok

Thanks for the diagram, but I feel like the stasis area is way too huge. Might want to decrease it by 1 or 1.5 sqrs or increase the curse radius by 1.

Side Note: You’ve been posting a lot on the forums! Thanks for making Realmeye forums the place for your wonderful ideas!

Hallo again VectorXYZ,

Thanks a bunch for pointing those out, I appreciate the honest support and thoughts on my idea :smiley:

(note: I edited the Stasis range to 6.5 instead of 7.5)

Thanks for noticing that! :smiley: I really do like posting ideas on the Realmeye forums nowadays, and I enjoy it a bunch! and hopefully the forums will receive more ideas from me. :heart:

Not sure how i Feel about Idea but the Diagram is much appreciated

Thanks for sharing your opinion on my idea,

It is a different concept indeed, I also feel a tad bit weird on how this idea works.
I imagined it might be used for bosses that spawn enemies that you just don’t wanna deal with
cough puppet master cough

As for appreciating the diagram… I appreciate you for appreciating the diagram :slight_smile:

one thing i really like what you do is yuor format, it makes us recognize that its you who is posting .

I like it generally i guess. Maybe some flaws, but who cares about that…

Aha. This would be REALLY interesting.
In a dungeon like ice cave where the little yetis orbit around the big one, you could use this to disable the little ones, and the curse the big one to finish it quickly. +1

Heyy Scorchmist,

Thanks for the commendation! It’s nice that you had the time to notice that :smiley: I just really hope that my format won’t confuse people on my ideas though, so I generally try to make it neat and orderly (no matter how “messsy” my idea is).

I would also like to take this time to thank you for consistently viewing my ideas and helping make them better in a sense.

Yey, it’s nice to see how people react to my ideas. But also…

I CARE ;~; , but if its too nitty-gritty to mention or something like that I guess it need not be said. :no_mouth:

Thanks for taking the time to express your thought on my idea Derpypers!

I do find this idea somewhat interesting too, given that its will make engages/disengages more rewarding in a sense and be able to skip certain… phases…

cough puppet master cough I hate those clones cough

Its nice that you are showing great support on my idea Derpypers, I really do appreciate it (and you… insert heart here).

i dont think these match the idea of isolation. ice cave a little because esben is alone?

one that matches the color scheme and maybe the idea of isolation is the forgotten king?

its a great concept though. i especially like the cursed. it adds a whole new level of gameplay because you need to actually aim the curse accurately.

:ok_hand:

Thanks for taking the time to view my post Wizybrain!

I agree with you there, I would keep ocean trench sorta because of it sorta matching the color scheme and stuff i guess though…
and so that the idea may still remain flexible to stuffs.

BUT, thanks for bringing up the forgotten king! It seems like a great drop location for this idea!

:ok_hand::ok_hand: Thanks for appreciating that :smiley: .

no problem. it’s been a long time since someone has introduced a reply like this.

i can see you went for an aquatic view with blue-green, but idk if the black matches.

:smiley: I guess it might have been awhile friend, glad see you see it though.

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out! Well I guess the black may match because its deep dark waters? This is can be a potential subject of change though. Meep.

well everyones entitled to their own opinions. leave the sprite as is if u like it

Very interesting and unique idea! Lots of ideas from the community yield items that are very OP, but this is a balanced idea. As some have stated, the stasis area is a bit large, but other than that, really nice work!
EDIT: Just thought of this, perhaps it could drop from Skull Shrine? That way the Skull Shrine can drop both types of UT Orbs? Just an idea. :slight_smile:

dont drop in ava maybe hermiti white bag along side Juggernaut
or maybe the sphinx?

No, people will think they got a Jugg, and will then hate their life (not saying the Orb is bad, just that Jugg is better).

I like it!