New Shuriken (Moondance Chakram)

##Moondance Chakram

Crafted with Lunar metals and an intricate diamond grip. It radiates on the battlefield with mystical power similar to the heavens above.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT

~While Key Held:

MP Cost: 10 MP/sec
Effect: Speedy on self

When Key Released:

MP Cost: 105
Damage: 450 - 500 (Average: 475)
Projectile Speed: 15
Range: 15 (technically 30??)

• Cooldown: 3.7 seconds
  • Effect: After firing, stays upon the end point for 1.5 seconds.
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEF, +2 VIT
  • Special properties:
    ~Shots pass through multiple enemies
    ~Shots return to self after 3 seconds.
    ~When Shots return to self, player becomes invisible for 1.5 seconds.
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 850

Hopefully this Idea isn’t too complicated as it may seem.

It will basically fire a shot after releasing the key like a normal shuriken. Yet at reaching 15 range of distance, will stop for 2.5 seconds (whilst spinning with half speed) midair (However if Moondance shuriken is hit again while in mid air, will disappear). If nothing disrupts the shuriken within the 2.5 seconds, It will return towards the player, reaching a maximum bounding distance of 30 (forwards and backwards).

Diagram for those who may not enjoy reading long texts:

####Drops From:

• No Drop location atm

(SUPER Sorry for the vague drop details, suggestions (and possibly new dungeons!?) would be much appreciated!!!

This shuriken was made because the UT shuriken at the moment seems a tad bit lonely and feels like it needs another viable UT shuriken, though there may or may not be some balancing issues, I really feel like this idea needs some major improvements,

so yehp…

(Also, as a sidenote, using speedy after firing a shuriken can reposition the shuriken’s distance/ striking distance whilst still being able to fire another shuriken, requiring some mechanical skill as well as projectile awareness, [the ninja may look like he is in a pattern for each different enemy, as if in a dance with the moon]).

Comments, suggestions, opinions and thoughts on my idea will be appreciated muchly.

What happens if the player moves during that time?

Hey thanks for taking the time to view may post SpwackOG,

Heres something that may prove to be something:

It only says TOWARDS the ninja, not back where it was fired :3

Right, so the returning shuriken will only move a maximum of 15 range units? And the returning “shot” will be aimed at where the Ninja is currently?

I don’t think there’s any situation in the game where that Star would be the optimal one to use, but it would still be fun to play with.

Really doesn’t look like a Shuriken though. Maybe closer to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram

Exactly :smiley:

Heylo there RMGnoob! I thank you for taking the time to view my idea!

Well if the player uses the shuriken right, it may be able to dish out some big damage (we are talking about 450-500 damage per strike and its shots hit multiple enemies so I am worried it may not be balanced)…

As for it looking like a chakram, it was intentional, but I really felt conflicted that it be named one… I guess for less confusion, I will edit it and break the line of shurikens having the last name of shuriken (except possibly doom circle or other shurikens I may have forgotten about)!!! (not that this might be put into the game or anything XD).

If you’re thinking that the star will hit monsters twice, it won’t. The game is designed so one shot cannot hit a monster twice.

Just a heads up

I really like the idea of a boomerang shuriken. But with the 2 sec cooldown, you could send many at a time, making it deal crazy zone damage.

Maybe for the sake of making it not too OP and logic, make it throwable only when the last star has “returned”? Not making a new mecanic, but just mesuring the approximate time.

Maybe then the returning projectile should be a new projectile generated from the last one’s position?

If you can get close to the enemy, your Katana is going to do a lot more damage than that while still piercing through enemies. If you’re facing a tougher opponent, Doom Circle will deal a lot more damage a lot faster.

Shields already have the Spiteful Scutum, so I’d say feel free to get fancy with your names.

Forgot about that lol.

Thanks for showing your thoughts on this idea!

I was thinking more on the boomerang concept that may be coded into the game (I really doubt it), but nonetheless, it’s a fun idea to play with (also as a side note i’m pretty sure that even if the game had something like that for this kind of item, that this item might not even be a point of reference, much less implemented XD [I have low faith for my ideas]).

Heyy Endertimes, Thanks for having the time for one of my ideas again,

Since it IS meant for zoning damage, I guess i might touch on a damage nerf than a cooldown nerf, its mostly to deal with crowds and waves where a shuriken might not shine. As for making it throwable only when the last star has returned may lower the utiliy of the shuriken, also the concept of it “returning” is why I didn’t really put it into the idea as it may be too complex (like what if the ninja is beyond the bounding distance or shorter than? will it shorten or lengthen the cooldown? etc.)

Edit: changed damage to 450-500

You’re right on this point. Plus, I forgot that the katanas also deal zone damage.

Yup, its focused on dealing with waves that maybe too risky to engage with a katana.

Well its not really focused on damage (I’m scared of making a coverall item ;~; cough cookie-cake trap cough). Its mostly on zoning damage as said to Endertimes:

Yey! Positive support!

He does have a point though

Thanks to Endertimes though for the suggestion of:

oh this is interesting, the concept of a boomeranging shuriken is a common one. But i personally like the slight changes made.

so after reading the comments, what do you mean by zoning dmg? i thought of this as a

if you miss it, you can redeem yourself

althought the 1.5 second pause could be annoying, since by the time of the effect it could have already died.

also not sure about the cooldown.

For the sprite, at first it looked like an orb. [quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:5768”]
450 - 500 (Average: 425)
[/quote]

you forgot to edit the avg dmg

Thanks Scorchmist for viewing my idea post!

Thanks I guess, Meep.

Im getting the feeling that the def of certain monsters may or may not block off damage created by this shuriken, like this would be mostly used on waves of annoying mobs or enemies.

True, it rewards those who can manage the end distance of certain shots, yet I imagine it can also be used to redirect the shuriken’s pathway using another speedy buff to move and thus “vastly” changing the direction.

Ops, thanks for pointing that out

wait? does this pierce through enemies?

It’s the reason why we were talking about zone damage

oh i just realized that it pierces, im blind i guess