New Sword Idea (Sword of Guarding)

Sword of Guarding

A sword meant purely for defence. New sprite needed.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 1
  • Damage: 185-245 (Average: 215)
  • Range: 3.5
  • Fire rate: 100%
  • Stat Bonus: +10 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 450

####Drops From:

• Troll Matriarch
  • Ghost Bride
    (1/100)
    The sword does as much damage as a t9 sword. Shot animation same as skyspliter.

Lol k then. I guess the rate of fire could be 300% since you didn’t specify. That would make the dps pretty high amirite.

No, fire rate is 100%. Fixing that now.

So paired with CC I could get +40 def and more from a shield/helm.

On a warrior, with a berserk buff, this outdamages quite a few things.

I don’t see why this would ever be used.

I wouldn’t use it on pally because of the abysmal dps, especially with a heal buff.

I might use it on a warrior, but IMHO, CC is good enough.

I wouldn’t use it on knight. nuff said.

To buff it, do you think I should increase the damage or increase the amount of defence it gives? Also this would replace the need for CC.

No, I would much rather use CC.

I don’t really see why you would need this. No matter how much you buff it, it will always be inferior to CC, because CC is an armor. Why would a sword need to grant def?

With Acrop and this you get 34 Def, 4 more that with CC and an Acclaim. If you put on a UBdex ring, you have higher DPS than with Acclaim and CC as well as having 4 more def.

Yeah, but with acclaim, ggen, cc and an hp ring, I can get enough dps and not die.

Not everyone has CC, it is a lot harder to get. Cems are easy, you can get this relatively early in the game, so it can replace CC if you don’t have it.

But not everyone is new to the game. And by the time you have done a cem, you should be aware of what a cland is.

Also, why would any new player want something with crappy dps when they aren’t gonna do dungeons that need a shitton of def like a Shatts. No dungeon they are gonna do would be so dangerous that they would run this over a cc or any regular armor.

I know what a cland is, but I can’t FREAKING FIND ONE. (and no, i’m not going to buy one.)

So you’re offering a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

A temporary problem for me, a permanent problem for beginners. I mean, different beginners will always be going through this problem.

Definetely not a permanent problem for beginners. Everyone becomes a pro eventually. Which brings me back to the original point: Why would I need this? Why can’t I just use a tiered sword and armor instead of this? You haven’t convinced me yet.

Say you are dying a lot. A t10 sword and t11 armor won’t help you survive. You could go the risky way and use tiered items to get less def and more DPS, or you could take the safe route and go less DPS more def.

But if you always take the safe route, you’ll never improve.

Always play on your 1/8 def knight and you’ll never improve.

Umm, how exactly?

You’re playing the game. If you are maxed def, you wouldn’t need this. Ever.

Using this on a 0/8 is similar, (not the same, not as good), to maxing a character. I get that it is 15 def less. But saying that you are not going to improve while using this sword is like say you won’t improve while playing on a 1/8 character.

Yeah, but you need to think…

Would a beginner really know what a Candy-coated armor is?