New Sword Idea (Sword of Guarding)

Umm, no.

If you have a 1/8 char, maxed def, you’ve already improved. You wouldn’t need this again, ever.

By your logic, then by getting this white bag, working for it, you’ve already improved.

Why do you hate this idea so much? Do you think it is useless? I would use it to stop dying on my melees.

Wait, it’s a white bag? From cem? That drops by the first bosses?

Yes. A relatively high drop chance. Probably 1/50.

Lol how do you die on melees? If you keep dying, you’re not learning. This sword is only offering a temp solution.

I hate melees. Period. I am learning to play with just priests, wizards, and archers. A temporary solution that leads to a permanent solution. With the melee that is using the sword, you could get def and then max a knight. Btw, my wizzy has been alive for almost a year now.

Well, the indomtaplakjsbndkjanbsdkj sword decreases your def when you can spare it, so this sword increases your def when you have no need of DPS?

Nerf damage more because 10 defense is a lot.

ALSO @XSpinATKx you really need to reword your replies for the sole purpose of making them not look like personal attacks lol… I can see why OP is getting frustrated.

Edit #2, [quote=“XSpinATKx, post:30, topic:5940”]
It doesn’t lead to a permanent solution. Using this is like using hacks. You’ll rely on it far too much. Without it, you can’t play the fucking class. Do you see my point now?

I don’t care about your char. Stop bringing your personal achievements into the question. We have a thread for that.
[/quote]

Is this really necessary? Just discuss the idea and not his ability to play.

Edit #3, I’m saying this because the thread is going to be, and is getting, derailed. THANK YOU @Xaklor for that wonderful response (actually)

Thank you for your positive feedback.

It doesn’t lead to a permanent solution. Using this is like using hacks. You’ll rely on it far too much. Without it, you can’t play the fucking class. Do you see my point now?

I don’t care about your char. Stop bringing your personal achievements into the question. We have a thread for that.

Even if you could get def and max a knight, you’ll come to rely on this sword far too much.

Here is what I propose. Make it drop from a higher level dungeon so a noob doesn’t overuse this.

If maxing a char isn’t a permanent solution, (using that to get a stable storage of pots), I don’t know what is. How it like using hacks? If this is hacks, CC is also hacks.

FALSE.

there’s nothing wrong with a sword that gives def in exchange for low damage. in fact, CC is inferior to this sword because this adds 10 def while CC only gives +6 in comparison to acrop. the damage may need to be raised slightly but there’s no problem here.

only an idiot would make that assumption. if it’s not specified it’s 100%

sounds like you already know the answer…

not true, putting them together makes you super tanky in exchange for a lot of dps. it’s about playstyle

have you every tried a ppe w/ a bad pet or an npe? you need all the def you can get at first, not everyone has a good enough pet to make extra def worthless.

not true, improvement goes both ways, in death and in success. being as safe as possible in dangerous situations allows you to learn enemy movement patterns and shot patterns. if you die, you can’t watch it.

BULLSHIT.

if you require me to explain myself on that point you’re the one who never improves, since you obviously don’t know what improvement is.

hrm, sounds like a class we all know, 70+ def or something? most commonly used and loved for being hard to die with? is that guy like using hacks? because that’s what you’re saying.

noobs are the ones who are going to need this, don’t do that.

I’m personally not a huge fan of this, mainly because I’d rather a weapon be unique because of its offensive capabilities, rather than its defensive ones.
I do see how people could like it though.
I’d rate it 5/10.

Me, not being good at melees, could really benefit from an item like this.

improving: making or becoming better.

If you keep dying while relying on this sword, you’re not learning. Eventually, you will cease to die but you will rely on this sword way too much. The fact that it is a white bag drop makes it unplayable until you get another one if you want to play a melee and you’re hooked on it.

Knight is a broken class, but it is not like using hacks simply because of the variety of people who play it. If a pro goes in a Shatters with a knight, there is a chance they will die. But if that pro enters an easy dungeon like cem on their knight, will they die? They might, but the chance is extremely low.

So if this is geared towards noobs, then what are the chances of them doing hard dungeons? Little to none. And if this item essentially bridges the gap between a pro and a noob, will that noob die in a cem with this item.

There is a chance to die with an unpotted knight, but +10 def basically guarantees long-term survivability in noobish dungeons.

TL;DR: At least an unpotted knight is only playable to a certain extent. With this, you ensure long term survivability for a noob, considering the chances of them doing a hard dungeon is low. The chances of dying in a cem with 45+ def is kind of low.

you don’t know that. some people learn best from death so the know what not to do next time. also

after that, you can swap out your sword and get more dps now that you know how to dodge since you’ve been watching.

erm, what?

yes, in exchange for a hefty chunk of dps. what’s the problem?

The problem is the fact that is still possible to get loot even with that +10 def.

Remember that it is the equivalent of a dsoul, but has +10 def.

Duoing any dungeon will grant you loot, and you can keep getting loot with this for a long time because of the survivability.

Umm.

I’m saying that with the item, a noob probably won’t die in cem.

DPS isn’t about getting loot all the time, I can get loot with a T8 fire dagger. (that’s how I got my water robe actually) I can even steal an 8/8 warrior’s loot with a T7 bow. DPS is about time, which this is still lacking considerably.

But you can still get loot a considerable amount of the time and stay safe with that +10 def.

And because of this, a noob may come to rely on this a lot. But when they don’t have one, they cannot play the class well. In a way, it is kind of broken for noobs and kind of crappy for pros.

almost every other argument you’ve made boils down to this. and it’s not a strong argument at all. you’re making an assumption on the playstyle of every single new person in the game.

how do you know that they’ll need this?
how do you know that they won’t get fed up with the low dps and switch to stronger weapons?
how do you know noobs always play defensively?
how do you know they can’t play a class without it?
how do you know that +10 def actually makes noobs go from dying all the time to unkillable?

yeah, it’s an argument. but it’s a very weak one. if no one agrees with you it’s not really a valid point. you might want to consider taking a break from talking to myself and/or Drakefind and see what other people think.