New Tome i thought about

Tome of Broken Faith

A tome for use by those who have been convinced to join Malphas

Sprite credit goes to Jeston I did not make it
####Stats:

• Tier: UT

• MP Cost: 100

• Range: (7.5 is wis<30) (7.5 + wis/30 if wis = 30 or wis > 30)

• Party Effect: (Gives Healing for 6 secs if wis <35) (8 secs if wis =35 or if wis >35

• Effect: Berserk on self for 3 secs

• Stat Bonus: +5 vit

• Fame Bonus: 3%

• Feed Power: 600

####Drops From:

• Malphas
  • Abyss Idol

####More info
I thought it would be a good idea to give the priest an item that would actually let it have some dps. The heal isnt the main focus of the item, so its probably best to use as a switch. Also the idea of a corrupted priest is fun one, after all we have a demon paladin skin

Tome Of The Locked Force Idea

No. Priest is fine the way it is and doesn’t need dps. Every class has it’s strength and weakness and priest’s weakness is a slightly lower dps than any other class. Your idea can be compared to giving a Ninja an armored buff, giving a knight more range, or giving the rogue more dps. You shouldn’t be building on and trying to fix a class’ weakness. It is there for a reason.

It’s bit OP tbh

It heals pretty well and causes berserk. I’m all for the idea of a tome that increases priest DPS but I think the DPS should come with the nerf of just healing instead of refilling HP. If you changed the heal by 150 plus wis modifier to a healing buff then I could see this as a possibility. I also think the sprite idea for this could be really cool. I love the name and you could do a lot with it but honestly I think that you just need to nerf this item some and instead of attack I think it should be a vitality stat increase because that’s what Malphas drops

I’m excited to see a sprite for this and I like the idea over all

edit: Is the berserk stat a self buff or a party buff? I would say it should be a self buff just saying.

the beserk is just a self buff but i do also agree with the other changes you mentioned, ill try and work on a sprite for this but i have no idea how so ill take some time

i get what you mean but thats not the best way to think about it. sure knights and melee have low range, but the csword is an item that gives them more range to combat that weakness at a price of less damage. This tome is meant to be that, give more dps in exchange for less healing

Then priest will turn into a dps pumping, long ranged, selfish player. My point is that priest is fine the way it is. You’re trying to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

Great idea! I like having berserk to help with the priest’s DPS is awesome! Unfortunately this does not have a sprite and such, so no candy for you.

I made this for you in place of a better one!
I’m definitely not a good spriter but I tried to make it look broken and I gave it dark colors to seem more ominous and I like the green contrast with the black

(Btw I love the changes you made! so now it’s sort of like a seal, healing and getting in dps)

Late reply but this look awesome! this could be the oreo of tomes hehe.

MP cost should be 140 and only berserk for 2 seconds.

Slightly lower???

Boi. Do you even rotmg. Priest has the worst dps in the game. a 3 second berserk sounds awesome.

So?

It can’t die.

I like this idea. We can try and “re-balance” the priest all we want with its stats, but at the end of the day it never gets played. If there was an item for players to work for that was a good incentive, it might be the thing we need for more priests. Then again, priests were a lot more useful without pets.

Yeah, priest is personally my favorite class but it can be hard to play them in large groups because of the low dps. that was the mindset i had when thinking of this

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.