New UT Spell: Burning Blast

###Blazing Blast

[needs a sprite for not only the spell but the projectile]

Certain pyromancers are capable of unleashing deadly burst of fire, decimating any who oppose them.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Duration: N/A
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Damage: 400-550
  • Shots: 4
  • Arc: 25 degree spread in direction of cursor
  • Range: 3
  • Effect: N/A
  • Stat Bonus: +2 atk, +2 speed
  • Special properties: Shots pass thru obstacles
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 1200

####Drops From:
-Shaitan the Advisor’s Test chest (white bag)

####More info
So I was thinking, lets have a little fun and give the wizard a little twist, make him go in but if he is able to land the full shotgun BLAM devastating damage, but notice the range, with this range the wizard is forced to go in and make use of their surroundings (pass thru obstacles) I thought this would just be a very fun UT to implement for the wizard essentially making it a literal shotgunner.

Practicality in an assortment of end game non-sense:

WC: this spell SHOULD NOT be your main spell, but if a knight lands a stun and ur feeling ballsy, run in with this spell and two FULL shot guns from this is guaranteed loot no doubt.

Shatters: damn chest sitters.

Tomb: this could have it’s uses, if I remember correctly you can still fire your ability when stunned, so bes, beware, the wizard can bite back. somewhat. and also this spell would be a very useful one to have in clean tombs due to the fact of its relatively small range and ability to at least be better controlled.

OT’s: Eh. It’d be best if you used something else but like I said with the WC the same would apply here, wait for a knight to beat thessals skull in with his glorified bashing platter and rush in with this spell and get out.

hope you enjoyed.

So it’s pretty much a shield without stun for wizard?
While I do like new and unique ideas, I don’t really see any place where I would use this.
Wizard is pretty much the glass cannon class, so going knight-deep with him doens’t seem like the best idea.

yeah, like I said in the practicality portion of this spell, I would only see it really being used by either

A). avid collectors of UT’S
B) Damn chest sitters with their ep’s and self loathing.
C) noobs who just so happen to get lucky and get it
D) really, REALLY ballsy people.

I like the idea, but a Wizard’s spell was meant to fire radially, not directionally. Not to mention, having a white bag drop from Inferno kind of ruins the uniqueness and rarity of the rings. Not to mention, since a spell is a class-specific item it kind of degeneralizes the fun of the Shatters

This makes it sound like you are making this solely as a collectors item.
How about this, change it so you can use it anywhere like a normal spell, but still pointing away from the player and the shots don’t travel very long. Ofc you would have to reduce the damage, but then it would be pretty viable depending on the damage you decide to give it.

I could have it drop from shaitans. it is called “Burning Blast” any other place I could think of cough Red demon cough would get me stabbed to death on this forums. so yeah… I can change it to Shaitans.

Okay. Cool

I have another question, the spell blast will fire forward in relativity to your rotation, or its relative position of your cursor to your character? For example, if I wanted to hit something to my left (for non-screen-rotating players) would I have to rotate my screen?

that wasn’t exactly the intent I was planning on, I actually wanted it to be used and for eventing this might be a viable spell if you know how to dodge (I.E skull and cube god shot patterns) but yeah, my ideas usually end up as vanity items anyways XD

no, it fires in relative position to your cursor. although I do kinda like the idea of the screen rotation think, makes it kinda similar to the act of like turning your head to “Breath” the fire.

Cool!

So TL:DR if the cursor is to my character’s left but I’m facing forward, the shots from the cursor will fire at the origin of the degrees from center to left, not from the left to the center, correct?

ye.

So it’s a knight shield without the stun?[quote=“Meaop, post:1, topic:7570”]
25 degree spread in direction of cursor
[/quote]

Huh? You’d have to get in extremely close, especially

with this
That’s worse range than a pixie.[quote=“Meaop, post:1, topic:7570”]
Feed Power: 1200
[/quote]

Seems very high.

So you basically want pure burst damage and nothing else?

Sure, but it pales in comparison to other spells simply because you can’t spam it.

Lel xdddd.

I guess he wanted to change how a wizard’s spellbomb works. No need to describe him like that.

No candy.

Well that is very un-spelllike

So kind of like a Tablet.

Way too high. Put it at 800 please. [quote=“Meaop, post:1, topic:7570”]
lets have a little fun
[/quote]

That’s what RotMG is supposed to be about until the 9-year old dies because of lag.

So let’s see: The spell is 20 MP higher than t5/6 and Piercing spell, and 55 MP less than Tablet. It does less damage than a t4, but it passes through obstacles.

So Tablet #2?

would love to see a sprite.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.