New Wizard Spell - Scroll of the Unseeing Eye

BEFORE READING: I am aware this is similar to Xaklor’s Ancient Spell: Pulse. While this idea was made separately, his was released prior to mine, and I actually like it a lot, so you guys should check it out. Since this is so similar, I will overhaul the idea at a later, unknown date to make it more unique and its own standalone item. For the time being, it will stay as it is, but it will be changed soon enough.

SCROLL OF THE UNSEEING EYE

Description: They say this spell was created by a very powerful yet blind wizard in order to rip the very reality in which he lived, so that perhaps he would be able to gain a higher understanding past mere sight.

The Spells Sprite:

Alternative Sprites:

The Spells Abilities and Stats:

Shots:

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 145mp
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Damage: 55-85 (70)
Total Damage: 1400
Speed of Projectiles: 5.5 tiles/sec
Range: 6.5
Stat Bonus: +4 wis
Special properties: Shots return to center and pierce through enemies.
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1000

Drop Area:

Oryx’s castle, from Janus the Doorwarden. I believe that it should drop from here because Janus only drops one white bag, and I would like to make Janus a more viable boss to visit and to have more fun in the game, so I designed another white bag built around his design.

Balancing:

Oh, I’m well aware parts of this spell are broken. Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Final Thoughts and Credits:

Shoutout to StarWarTwo for helping me in creating this idea, he gave me the concept of the boomerang shots as well as the drop location, and the piercing effect on the shots. Also, let me know if you think an addition of blindess for X amount of seconds everytime you use the spell would be cool (since the design is about a blind guy afterall.)

why does this feel like @xaklor 's spell that he just posted? Ill just assume you got nija’d into posting.

why the cooldown?

also, the sprite is a bit… iffy.

did he just post a new spell? well damn it let me go check that out. this idea has been in the makes for like 2 days, but i havent been on my computer so ive missed some of the new stuff.

rip hate when that happens. He did that to me with his trap.

Well damn, he really did post one just like this. Welp, now I have to figure out a way to set this apart from his :confused:

so shots boomerang?

yes

soooooooooooooooo, what’s the difference between this and a weak tablet with boomerang?

well the main point of this spell when i was making it was to have low range with a lot of crowd control abilities because of the piercing through enemies, but without it outshining the tablet and making an already pretty much useless white more useless. Perhaps I should increase the damage? or give it a secondary effect?

I’m not sure what to tell you. if you keep the boomerang it’s basically Ancient Spell: Pulse. if you keep the pierce it’s basically Tablet of the King’s Avatar. I’m sorry our ideas are similar but there’s not a whole lot I can tell you without doing it for you. I suppose you could do a high mp cost high damage kind of thing but that’s not what this is now.

youre right. Ill completely overhaul this idea and edit the post once im finished. Im currently working on a new dungeon, but once im finished with that I’ll change this into a more original idea, because I would like to keep up the diversity on the forums.

Feel free to take my awesome gif that I made for Xaklor’s post. Even though he hated it :weary:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-18-2017/bl1pSi.gif

I like it, but boomerang shots in realm dont behave like that, they reach the end of their range and immediately come back, and their speed doesnt really vary.

You should make it so it debuffs you with blind. It fits perfectly with the name, and it prevents spamming, because you can’t really see well enough. It might not be perfect, but it might help with its brokeness.

We already got a piercing spell, don’t need another right?

What you are seeing is an optical illusion. The speed is constant the entire time. The shots are actually moving a straight line from 1 side of the circle to the other in the gif at a constant speed. The reason it seems to slow is because the apparent size of the circle is changing at a slower rate.

really? cause they definitely stop at the end lol

when i change the spell away from being oriented around the boomerang effect I will most likely add the blind effect just because I think its a cool concept

Meh, I guess I could have cleaned up the gif a bit. I see what you are saying.

the sprite looks amazing