Obsidian Summit Dungeon Idea

That was my most important goal while making this dungeon. Glad to see it was well received!

Another thing I was shooting for. I’m not the biggest fan of Abyss’s reds, so I opted for a deeper shade.

Debuffs are pretty much what separate medium-level and endgame dungeons. However, I may have used them too much. I’ll tone them back a bit.

Another thing I threw around too much. I’ll change some instances to Bleeding and/or Curse where necessary.

I think that the odd look sort of benefits the theme of things being mutilated and deformed. Still, I’ll be changing some of the colors up.

I would never intend that, if Deca for some reason implemented this idea, all of the UTs were implemented.

Yeah, I find it somewhat frustrating most of the time when making armors.

With that last point, I agree. The rings were going to be unique, rather than simple stat boosts, from the beginning. The only difference is that originally, they’d provide dungeon-specific bonuses, such as lava immunity or decreased Burning damage. I realized that they’d be severely underused, and decided that it’d be better to give them more useful bonuses.
By the way, I love your rings from Paracosm and the Beyond. In general, more interesting rings would be great.

Believe me, I love my matching sets. As long as it isn’t branded ST.

Thanks!
I wish you the best of luck with the Beyond, Paracosm, Catacombs, and Wastelands!

+1, amazing… took 30 mins for me to read ( roughly )

Thanks!

I love the rings the most… very unique

hmm, it is rather lacking, but i have 1/2 armors that i have to try out (prob already used somewhere, just didnt see)

Yeah, they were always meant to be unique, from conception of this dungeon, before I even gave it a name.

When you suggest something and the poster changes it

*And yes i know that i wasn’t the only one to suggest this, so don’t start trashing me

Awesome idea.A really interesting dungeon but…I must say that the final boss wouldnt worth killing.Fighting a 2mil hp god just for tops and life pots?Tomb and O2 would be so much easier…

Did you even read the dungeon?

Sorry, after rereading it i see theres an easier way.My bad

Awesome job!

@RESCANEMAN Yeah, although it’s possible to kill him without any further fighting, using the mechanics to basically make him have 200k HP works much better.
@Schernikau Thanks!

UPDATE:
Changed the colors on Nirspas, Duvidius, and the Empowered and Enchanted Defenders to an ivory color.

The lore of the Obsidian Summit, along with some enemies and other things, reminds me of Terraria. Golems, cultists, key molds… I like it. I love terraria and it adds a nice hopefully unintentional reference that I love

I didn’t even think of the Golem from Terraria when designing Fervis. It was more based on Toastrz’s Marble Colossus in the Lost Halls idea. There’s always a possibility that the Colossus was based on the Golem.
However, I see the resemblance to the Golem and Lihzahrd Temple. I’m happy that this actually turned out similar to that.
I didn’t think of the Moon Cult, either. However, I feel that it’s a bit more far fetched to make that comparison; there is no similarity between them, save for their magic leader and the fact that they’re cults.
Overall, I’m glad you like it!

I was mostly talking about the lore, not the actual enemies you designed (which look great, I would love to fight them and watch all my characters die again)

Ah, gotcha. Still, I’m glad you liked it!

I wonder if people thought that about the original Shatters concept…

New Update
This is a small update, yet a pretty important one. This update, most importantly, changed the sprites for Theuris and 3 of the 4 Enthralled enemies slightly, yet enough to add some detail to them. It also changed the name of the Conflagration Spell to Magia Incendium, as I’ve recently noticed that @Dappertron made a spell of the same name. Sorry if anyone thought I stole it!

nice job :thumbsup:
definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks!
Any other suggestions for the sprites?
I plan on working on some of the other ones that have been suggested eventually (specifically the Ashworm and Infernal Sprite).