Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

Oh man, I am loving the Christmas reskins!
As a very festive person, I may have some bias, but I think that all endgame dungeons should have Christmas reskins. I’m happy that the Tomb already does, as with Paracosm.

What if you made Oryx the Puissant drop a special type of Incantation that you had to use to unlock the Paracosm after the fame goal was reached?

@Puffagod Actually, If the Beyond were to be added, what if it dropped special incs that could give maybe 1000 or 5000 Fame to the Paracosm Meter? :o That would be neat

This dungeon looks amazing. You put so much effort into making all of this… I would jizz my pants if this dungeon were to be added to the game. The drops and the story are awesome as well as the artwork. I think this would do well in the game since it requires people to work together towards one goal.

this dungeon has issues. namely, very hard to complete

Hence its an endgame dungeon that requires teamwork

Also the portal spawns in nexus so a lot more that 85 ppl can enter

Oh man, I’m so hyped!

Opinions about this dungeon:

1. Please don’t make the loot in a test chest. That would be quite uncooperative, as it would promote leeching. (esp. with over 100 people in a dungeon.)

2. In the non-cooperative, I find (being a loner with no friends) soloing to be a big part of the game. Do you think it could be possible if one person could hold all three relics?

Great work, it was fun to read :slight_smile:

It isn’t; a test chest is not mentioned, and it wouldn’t really fit anyway for any of the bosses.

Alas, I feel this contrapuntal to the aim of the dungeon. It would reduce the need for co-operation too much - although I am sorry for all those lone wolves out there!

The smallest possible is a trio; but think of it as Thermopylae - a glorious last stand of few against many!
To quote the Lays of Ancient Rome:

“How can man die better
than facing fearful odds
for the ashes of his fathers
and the temples of his Gods.”

This is a really good idea. Maybe such an item could drop from anything that currently drops inc, just to increase accessibility and further defuse reliance on fame farming!

I agree with it not dropping in the dungeon alone, that would mean it would be necessary to do the dungeon to get assistance with doing it again. I also think maybe it shouldn’t be an inc per-say, maybe something like a scroll or totem…

Of course not, it will be a galactic chalice from which one pours celestial libation at the Anchor of Worlds - of course!

lol thats actually pretty good. What if you needed to have it in your inventory and it gained fame as you did so instead of having to suicide to get account fame you could use this chalice that you spent time to fill to open the portal. Caps at like 5000 fame per cup or something.

No thank you, people would fill eight at once and that would be no fun! It should just add 5000 fame when shift-clicked within range of the Anchor. Or something; there could be different tiers, but that sounds complex ;3

Well that way people could just farm for 8 and use all 8 anyway, my way it would take work.

But it is your dungeon and you know what is best for it. Either way the dungeon itself is the important part and it looks amazing.

AHHH: i got a like. sweeeeeet!

Cough cough notifiers who will tell everyone “PARACOSM USSOUTH2” or something like that and 2104730127843 people would enter
rip loot

What was the point of that post? Also, you know there’s such things as server capacities, right?
You can’t find fault with someone’s idea based on something that is against the rules.

The entire point is co-operation, which is difficult to create in this day and age of realm. Puffagod has taken the liberty of tackling this problem, more the merrier. The article already says the servers will be notified as one is about to open, no notifiers will be needed. Loot is all about luck my friend, not how small your group is.

This is an amazing dungeon, took me an hour to read, but the ideas are simply amazing, the detail you put in is astounding, how long did you take to make all this?
I want them to make this, but at the same time i don’t because this would be an absolute bitch to complete even with 10+ people.

2879 minutes of editing time on the actual document, and that’s excluding sprite creation and editing.
In other words, too long xD

That’s about ~2 days! Talk about dedication! I shudder at the thought of the time used for sprite making.